“Home from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 16 Pilchergate

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nottingham
16 Pilchergate
London, United Kingdom
“Home from Home”
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I stay at 16 Pilcher Gate whenever I return to Nottingham to visit family & friends. I am always met with a warm welcome and made to feel right at home. The rooms are fantastic, really spacious, clean and comfortable. I love the fact they have thought of all the things I may need for a weekend away, including a bottle opener for my wine!
The location is great, with lovely bars and restaurants on the doorstep and right next to the main shopping area - Bridlesmith Gate.
Val the manager is super friendly and nothing is too much trouble for her.
I look forward to visiting again next year.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed at Pilchergate over a 3 week period in August primarily as I am working in Nottingham. I requested a studio apartment but ended up with a 2 bed one for my entire stay for the same price which was great value. The studio rooms do not have cooking facilities (except a steamer and microwave) whereas the 2 bed apartments have a fully equipped small kitchen and seperate living area. As I ended up staying for a prolonged period the studio would have been a bit difficult but this was fine as I had a 2 bed place- my family came down for a weekend so this was very convenient but Val did not charge me extra which was great.
The location is brilliant except it does mean you should expect a bit of noise late at night. Car parking is very convenient but as I was staying so long it did end up costing me quite a bit extra. The rooms are large with plenty of storage space. The only problem we had was when the hot water did not work over an entire weekend, although Val does not work weekends she did try to get it fixed but to no avail.
Overall I would recommend these apartments especially if you are staying in Nottingham for a city break due to the space and location. Val is extremely helpful as others point out and was very good to me especially accommodating me during a busy period as I ended up staying longer than expected. My only gripe (other than the hot water) was the lack of wifi, broadband just didn't work for me.

Room Tip: If you are staying for only a couple of nights the studios would be great value, for longer stays a...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

The apartments are in a great position near the city and train station.
Parking is right opposite at £10 a day (with a stamped ticket).
The owner (on the phone) and house keeper (Val) couldn't be more helpful and friendly.
Really well equipped kitchen in the two bed we had.
Very comfortable beds.
Nice clean bathrooms and both bedrooms were en suite.
Brilliant, I would definitely use again and definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We rented 2 one-bedroom apartments as well as a 2-bedroom apartment for four nights for a friend's wedding. We were extremely satisfied with the location and the competitive pricing. The city centre shops are about 2 minutes on foot and there is a car park opposite the building which allows you to park for £35 for a whole week which is very reasonable. Val the Manager was very helpful. We were given two rooms next door to each other and the double room was on the top floor. That had two bathrooms, as well as its own kitchen and living room. I would definitely stay there again. The accommodation made our stay even more fun.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I have stayed here many times and have never been disappointed. At £66 for a studio apartment (which is larger and better equipped than a 4 star hotel room) the value for money is excellent and Val, the House Manager, provides a very friendly welcome and ensures standards are tip-top. As Val is not usually around over the weekend, except to admit new residents, apartments are not serviced over the weekend, so be prepared to make the bed and do your washing up during a weekend break. That's a small price to pay for what is incredible value compared with a hotel room.

Although very close to the City Centre, the building is always quiet, even when full.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BarryMLondon
pilchergate, Manager at 16 Pilchergate, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
I'd just like to thank all of my guests that have took time to put on a review.Thank you so much for all your feed back.
Næstved
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed two adults and two kids in the penthouse for three Nights. The pictures are to believe; it is a fantastic penthouse. And Peter and Val were most helpfull as we were let down by another hotel. We Will certainly return next time in Nottingham. Henrik og Benedikte, Denmark

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Benedikte N
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We recently stayed at 16 Pilcher Gate and was very impressed with the size of our 2 bedroom apartment. It was very spacious and comfortable and each bedroom had private ensuite and television. The beds were comfortable and was so happy to have big, beautiful, fluffy bath sheets after a warm bath. Definitely will book again when we come back to Nottingham. Thank you Peter for collecting us at the train station and thank you to Val for your help.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family