“Great fun!”

Cryptology Nottingham
Ranked #3 of 60 Fun & Games in Nottingham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Are you looking for something to do with friends, family or colleagues? Something other than the generic activities of bowling, cinema, eating or drinking? If you enjoy solving problems, answering riddles and using your brain rather than your brawn: this activity is for you.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 12 July 2015

Had an amazing time at Cryptology today! I visited with a friend and we both found that unlike some other escape rooms, this one offered a great variety of puzzles to solve and codes to crack. The owner, Mark, is clearly very passionate about providing a great experience to his customers. Definitely recommended. Cannot wait till the second room opens - we will be there!

All reviews
"robin hood"
"clues"
in 58 reviews

Reviewed 10 July 2015

Have you ever tried an Escape Room?

I hadn't until Monday when the Hubby and I attended Cryptology in Nottingham. Based on Long Row in the centre of the city Cryptology has only just opened and is a new and exciting activity to do with friends or colleagues...

If you enjoy "solving puzzles, deciphering riddles and using brain over brawn" this place is for you.

The first thing I liked about Cryptology is the fact that it's different. Rather than spending time bowling or going to the cinema you can enter a room and solve puzzles together. I've always fancied myself as a bit of a female Sherlock (I wish!) and the description of the rooms on the Cryptology website had me hooked.

Read more at http://www.morganprince.com/2015/07/cryptologly-review.html

Reviewed 8 July 2015

This was a surprise arranged by my other half and he couldn't have chosen better! From the minute we arrived to the minute we left there wasn't a single second of boredom. The room was laid out really well and the puzzles were varied (and achievable!).; I was surprised when I looked at the timer and it said we had 10minutes left.
I would thoroughly recommend an hour at cryptology as a fantastic way to challenge yourself; we talked about it all the way home and had fun dissecting the way we approached the challenges. 10/10 would go again :D

1  Thank Fern H
Reviewed 8 July 2015

Didn't quite know what to expect, but really enjoyed the experience. We did the Cyphodyne room (the Egyptian room wasn't completed yet!), though if we get the chance we will definitely return and try the other room out. The puzzles were well designed, with helpful tips whenever we got stuck. The pacing was perfect, we completed the task with no time to spare.
The owner, Mark, was incredibly friendly and made the whole experience that much better.
Definitely recommend this to try out, though be prepared to think!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

Went to Cryptology with friends and colleagues and had a grand time! Was given a scenario as a prospective employee at Cypherdyne and this was our final test... Or we would phase dire/deadly consequences.

Really good setup. Puzzles/riddles range from me going "duh, having a blonde moment" to "How??!!"

Great fun and would definitely recommend it to anyone from team building event to even a fun first date activity.

Can't wait for The Crypt to open to give that a go.