Open today: 12:00 - 20:30
Review Highlights
Rameseize

Never been to an escape room before but after this would love to go again. A great experience and... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
pjbnu
Nottingham, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great Tomb Raiding Fun!

The 3rd escape room I have taken part in and this did not disappoint, a tough one to do but fun... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Mattwhite2018
Skipton, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Nottingham
from US$6.50
More Info
from US$19.40
More Info
All reviews escape room egyptian room great fun detective tour team building treasure hunt the staff were great a lot of fun fun experience well thought out crystal maze seconds to spare group of friends birthday treat amazing experience rainy day robin hood
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Great fun fantastic we had a group of 8 between 2 rooms in 1 hr. a very well thought out puzzle and test of team work. Brilliant would recommend to any group. We will be going back 10/10

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I went with a party of 9 others and we split into two groups, one in each of the rooms. We had a ball. I can't say too much without giving away clues but it was great fun. The young people running it were enthusiastic and took great care to see that we had a good time. All ten loved it!

Reviewed 3 November 2017

had such a great time when I went the other day with my friends - the perfect amount of fun and challenging. can't wait to come back soon!!!

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner booked this for the weekend because we were looking for something different to do and have done a lot of escape rooms and other experiences in Nottingham.
We personally didn't enjoy the treasure hunt at all. I have given 3 stars because when we went back after around 30 minutes the staff member gave us a refund and was so polite. It was really good value and I can see that visitors would maybe enjoy it.
For us to do something like this agan we would need there to be physical containers or puzzles to find. We do a lot of Geocaching and own some geocaches in Nottingham so we know it is possibe to hide physical objects even in a busy city centre. I think there really is a gap in the market for something a bit more complex.
I also think the route and clues need working on. The tour included some areas around the university which I think look dreadful but missed out some beautiful areas in the park area.
I woud consider doing the escape rooms at Cryptologic and although this review sounds quite negative I can really see what the guys were trying to achieve with the treasure hunt, it just wasn't for me!

1  Thank Grace W
Mark T, Manager at Cryptology Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

We were really disappointed to receive a 3 star review from you...

We've had the odd group that felt the same as yourselves (about 2% of customers) so we've been making changes to adapt the game as necessary.

Unfortunately, during the opening of the tour you played, you didn't get to Derby Road or the parts of The Park which you would have been pleased to see. You also didn't get to the complex Endgame puzzle that involves using the answers you collect throughout the tour which could have been more to your taste. We can see that as a Geocacher you felt there could have been more to do. We do appreciate your feedback and the notes you left were very welcome as we are currently developing another more challenging experience with a different route. It should be ready within early 2018 and I think that it may tick your boxes better.

It will probably not include physical caches as this can be a difficult thing to manage when you have multiple tours setting off during one day and we wouldn't want paying customers to not be able to complete the game due to something missing, or in use by another group.

As you can hopefully tell from your experience and the refund received, we primarily focus on making sure people enjoy themselves and offering the best service we can. We really hope you'll be back to try one of our Escape Games and we'll hopefully get a better rating from yourselves.

Sam & Mark and Cryptology Nottingham

Reviewed 26 October 2017

A brilliant way to spend an hour... the time just flew- as you watch it tick down- time is running out, will you escape?? 5 of us played, age range 11-47, all of us loved it!