“Romantic place for wine.”
Review of Veeno

Veeno
Ranked #24 of 1,404 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Description: Veeno is an Italian Wine Café based in the UK serving our family produced Sicilian wines & authentic Italian spuntini. All of our wines come from our award-winning family vineyard in Sicily where 3 generations of our family have produced wine. This allows us to ensure the highest quality from the grape to the glass. We source all our cold meat cuts, breads and cheeses from Italy too.
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Love this place. So romantic at night with nice lighting and ambience. Excellent wines served by knowledgeable staff. They do some wonderful platters of meats, cheeses breads etc that look and taste fabulous. Perfect place to hide away on a winter evening in town.

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

It’s a tapas / nibbles bar which is really based around booze. The food was perfectly good but I wasn’t impressed by the amount of choice. It’s very much a wine bar where you can get a bit of food. I booked and was a bit disappointed but that’s probably my fault as I had thought it more of a restaurant and I should have researched better. The attempt to be ultra friendly was all a bit over familiar to me but I’m sure they mean well. I can’t really find that much to fault but I’m unlikely to go back in all honesty. It would be a good place to arrange after work drinks or a leaving do. I wouldn’t rate it as an eating destination.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

I booked this around 2 months ago and called regularly to confirm the details that we had 4 veggies and 5 meat eaters. When we arrived the waiter seemed completely confused about who ate what, after waiting about 30 minutes for the first platter to arrive (which only had mozzarella and bread on), we had no plates, cutlery or wine....we were booked onto a wine tasting session. We only received cutlery about 75% of the way into the first platter after asking multiple times, most of us just found our own. 1 hour 45mins in, we had only received 3 out of 7 wines, with no additional food, bare in mind it says allow 90-120 mins for the "experience". The food lacked substance with all of bread coming out on the first platter with only slices of meat to eat for the remainder. We only got the rest of the food by asking the waiter when it would arrive, it would've taken all evening otherwise. It took over 3 hours to be given 7 X 70ml of wine and some meat and cheese and we each paid £35. The veggies of the group actually got given appetizers rather than a slice of meat on a wooden board. So disappointed and a complete waste of money for what was given. I was so excited too!! Veeno got over £300 from 9 of us and I wouldn't waste my time there again.

1  Thank Kym S
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Amazing Wine tasting experience enjoyed Alyssa’s wealth of knowledge on wine.
With all I have learnt I will never buy cheap bottles of wine again haha because when you taste the beautiful selection fragrant wines they have to offer you truly evaluate weather you have been drinking wine or someone’s homemade experimental beverage.
Cheese board prepared by Sam was exquisite great selection of cheese & an astonishing fig jam you can also buy!
Comes highlight reccomend Great service from these two outstanding members of staff !

Reviewed 8 October 2018

18 of us came here for a hen party last Saturday. We were astounded at the quality of food and service plus how much we got for our money. I am a vegetarian and they made me my own person platter which was delicious. The waitress (Greek lady) was very friendly and knowledgeable and full of banter for us and the hen. This was our first time to Veeno and we will definetely be back!