“Lovely Evening”
Review of Veeno

Veeno
Ranked #24 of 1,404 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Description: Veeno is an Italian Wine Café based in the UK serving our family produced Sicilian wines & authentic Italian spuntini. All of our wines come from our award-winning family vineyard in Sicily where 3 generations of our family have produced wine. This allows us to ensure the highest quality from the grape to the glass. We source all our cold meat cuts, breads and cheeses from Italy too.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Enjoyed a lovely meal in very pleasant surroundings at Veeno recently. Food was excellent, esp antipasta. Was a business meeting combined with meal and staff were attentive but not overbearing - just right. Excellent wine list too, which we visited after the business!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked way in advance for myself and my boyfriend to come for the most expensive 'Riserva' wine tasting on a Saturday night as we're both big lovers of wine, good service and Italian food. The reviews are outstanding so we were really looking forward to a romantic date night.

As soon as we arrived, we were left waiting by the door and we immediately noticed that the staff looked flustered even with the restaurant only being half full. When we told them our reservation, I could tell something was up. The man and woman were whispering between themselves for a while and then took us to our table.

I could not believe it. They sat us next to the wine cabinet and there were so many FLIES buzzing around us it was disgusting. They were clearly discussing whether they should put us there and I cant believe they did. We complained immediately and were offered no apology, and just shoved on another table that was filthy. I'll add that they tried to sit 2 more couples at that table throughout the night and they either complained or left straight away. Appalling service.

It had now been half an hour since we arrived. No wine tasting, no food and no drink offered. We complained again and were given free Prosecco. He said they were running ten minutes behind. We got our food another half hour later, and again no apology. The lady waiting was very rude and kept avoiding eye contact with us and only served one table in the corner, there were other tables complaining and leaving as they weren't being served.

I was furious by this point and finally we got our board and first glass of wine. Finished the wine quickly and after 25 minutes and no second glass offered my partner and I decided to leave. We would have been there until midnight if we were to sit through the whole tasting.

I was so embarrassed and cannot believe that I took my partner here for the night - they were completely understaffed and the surroundings were dirty.

I've never in my life had to get up and leave a restaurant - they were not even apologetic when we left. Shocking.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Love this place. So romantic at night with nice lighting and ambience. Excellent wines served by knowledgeable staff. They do some wonderful platters of meats, cheeses breads etc that look and taste fabulous. Perfect place to hide away on a winter evening in town.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It’s a tapas / nibbles bar which is really based around booze. The food was perfectly good but I wasn’t impressed by the amount of choice. It’s very much a wine bar where you can get a bit of food. I booked and was a bit disappointed but that’s probably my fault as I had thought it more of a restaurant and I should have researched better. The attempt to be ultra friendly was all a bit over familiar to me but I’m sure they mean well. I can’t really find that much to fault but I’m unlikely to go back in all honesty. It would be a good place to arrange after work drinks or a leaving do. I wouldn’t rate it as an eating destination.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I booked this around 2 months ago and called regularly to confirm the details that we had 4 veggies and 5 meat eaters. When we arrived the waiter seemed completely confused about who ate what, after waiting about 30 minutes for the first platter to arrive (which only had mozzarella and bread on), we had no plates, cutlery or wine....we were booked onto a wine tasting session. We only received cutlery about 75% of the way into the first platter after asking multiple times, most of us just found our own. 1 hour 45mins in, we had only received 3 out of 7 wines, with no additional food, bare in mind it says allow 90-120 mins for the "experience". The food lacked substance with all of bread coming out on the first platter with only slices of meat to eat for the remainder. We only got the rest of the food by asking the waiter when it would arrive, it would've taken all evening otherwise. It took over 3 hours to be given 7 X 70ml of wine and some meat and cheese and we each paid £35. The veggies of the group actually got given appetizers rather than a slice of meat on a wooden board. So disappointed and a complete waste of money for what was given. I was so excited too!! Veeno got over £300 from 9 of us and I wouldn't waste my time there again.