“John is back, and the place is back to being brilliant!”
Review of Veeno

Veeno
Ranked #14 of 1,481 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Description: Veeno is an Italian Wine Café based in the UK serving our family produced Sicilian wines & authentic Italian spuntini. All of our wines come from our award-winning family vineyard in Sicily where 3 generations of our family have produced wine. This allows us to ensure the highest quality from the grape to the glass. We source all our cold meat cuts, breads and cheeses from Italy too.
Reviewed 4 January 2019

We visited here when it first opened and John was the manager, he was brilliant and made our visit a great experience. Sadly he then moved on to another branch and the place just went downhill. We stopped going in because of this.
We thought we would give it another try just before Christmas, John was back and the whole atmosphere and experience was as it was when we first visited. He remembered us which was really nice.
The staff were really pleasant and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. I so hope it continues.

Reviewed 24 December 2018

I've recently been to Venno for one of their taster menus and wanted to say how excellent we found the service, and delicious the food and wine was. We never felt rushed as we sampled the wines accompanying food.

On the back of the great experience we had, I decided to buy a voucher for a Christmas Gift, and Jon, who I spoke with was an absolute pleasure. He helped me to select the best wine tasting experience, and I feel again I was offered excellent service.

I'll certainly be back in the New Year.

Keep up the excellent work, and thanks again for your help with the voucher today Jon.

Estelle

Reviewed 23 December 2018 via mobile

Myself and my friend had a reservation at Veeno’s in Nottingham last night for a girls night/festive catch up. This is the second time I have been to Veeno’s and my friend has been a good handful of times, we can 100% recommend!!! We was served by a lovely lady called Effy who looked after us all evening, she was amazing! We tasted two whites, 1 rose, 2 reds and finished with a gorgeous dessert wine and home made tiramisu. Accompanying the wine we had a large wooden boared filled with bread, meats, cheese, olives and oil. Effy was bery knowledgable of the wines she was bringing over to us, recommending what foods go best with what wines and we had good fun playing with the wine! We had such a laugh with Effy and everything was fantastic. If you are thinking of booking wine tasting here I would 100% do it, great value for money.

Reviewed 23 December 2018 via mobile

Had a fabulous day here with my family for my birthday. Thank you so much for making it special! The sharing boards were great as was the wine selection. The staff were attentive and friendly nothing was too much trouble. An absolutely wonderful place!

Reviewed 22 December 2018 via mobile

After my first visit with my friend I was pleasantly surprised by the warm and friendly approach of the staff. A lovely lady severed us (unfortunately we did not get her name) and recommend a great wine to us. The atmosphere was relaxed and chilled.