“MIND ALTERING YUMNESS!!!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Let me just say, that I never believed that I would ever come to love any form of curry dish.....ever. But I am a changed woman now. Spice Lounge has the most amazing menu wich i believe is one of the reasons why it is always the busiest place to eat in Burford. The food is never to spicey to eat ( you know- the kind of curry that makes your eyes water and your throat feel like it's bleeding) and the staff are always more than willing to accomodate your tastes. If a dish you want is indicated to be very hot, you can ask them to tone it down to your liking and they do so without complaint or the rolling of the eyes as you destroy a traditional plate that they wouldnt dare remove the spices if we were in India i am sure. I have read other comments about the long wait to be seated...it is worth the wait.
I come from Cape Town South Africa and we have some of the most prestigious curry houses in the world with 7 star chefs and all that hoopla, my husband tried to impress me when he was still courting me by taking me to this upmarket Indian restaurant called Bahari. Even with their 7 star chef, the highlight of that night were the rotating toilets with the optional "massage" button.
The first time he took me to Spice Lounge I immediantly fell inlove with the place and the owner and staff made me feel so special and the food was full of flavour but not overpowering at all!!!It most definitley is not a "ghastly blot on Burford landscape" (mr 28th april comment) and if that is how ones septic tank tastes well then....what the hell have you been pooping because their curry is out of this world amazing so your poop must be magical!! Not only that,but the language problem is yours.It is an Indian restaurant and you are going there to eat Indian food so expect to be served by Indian waiters and if all those consumers who keep Spice Lounge the busiest resturaunt in Burford can inderstand what the waiters are saying then maybe its not a language problem after all. Maybe you just need a hearing aid.
To anyone out there coming to the Cotswolds, do not leave withput trying Spice Lounge. You wont regret it and it will change your tastebuds forever!!

3  Thank yummojummo

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The food is absolutely brilliant and the staff are very attentive can't do enough for you. Very, very good.

2  Thank Ian W
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

WOW!! This restaurant is amazing, visiting after being to the Fairford air show it was packed this didn't effect the quality of the service or the amazing food it really was special!! Please please visit this place!!

2  Thank ClaireeeD
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This wonderful little restaurant was an unexpected treat. I spent a week in the lovely Burford for Royal International Air Tattoo and stumbled upon Spice Lounge during an evening stroll. Went in for dinner and very glad I did. Returned twice, once with group of eight; all were effusive in their praise. Restaurant is tidy and a bit upscale with fresh cut flowers and white linen. Staff is skilled, outgoing and efficient. Good selection on the menu, and everything coming out of the kitchen is delicious (personal favorite is Kurai lamb - just the right herbs and dash of heat). I'm one of those with 3+ million miles of international travel under my belt, and don't come across a jewel like this often enough. A keeper!

2  Thank John B
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I really enjoyed this little gem. The staff are quick and friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them.
There are some dishes I've never tried before so I was happy to give these dishes a go and I'm glad I did.
As for the prices they were cheap for this area.
Tip- try the lemon fried rice!

3  Thank Nat-Max-Travels