“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spice Lounge Burford

Spice Lounge Burford
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Burford
Cuisines: Indian, Balti
Good for: Groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
West Midlands
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We ate here 19/07/14 and i really can't see what all the reviewers are raving about! We decided to sit outside as it was still warm (early evening). A waiter was serving another table outside and acknowledged us, then went in to take the other tables order to the kitchen. We sat for a further 15 minutes with no attention being paid, my partner then went inside to be told someone would come out to us, which they did, we were offered poppadoms and chutneys which were ok. We then ordered starters Chicken Momo which my partner loved, i had samosa which was nice also. We then ordered mains of Chicken Balti and requested some chick peas be put in the balti also, much to the amusement of the waiter (not sure why this is funny as we live in the curry capital of the UK and it's the norm here!). I ordered a Tikka massala but this was bland dry and the chicken was tough as old boots. Very disappointing. My message to the people visiting is don't sit outside you will be treated as a add on, very average.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Flatcapnwippett

Shropshire
“Good at what they do”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a small Indian restaurant in a market town which seems to do a roaring trade in takeaway meals. Booking is strongly advised; especially on Friday and Saturday. It has obviously built up a strong local customer base and the staff have a friendly relationship with their customers, We have eaten there on two occasions and thoroughly enjoyed the meals. Don't expect the Ritz or the Ivy this is a good honest local restaurant where the food and service are good and provides very good value for money.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shropshirelad29
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“MIND ALTERING YUMNESS!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Let me just say, that I never believed that I would ever come to love any form of curry dish.....ever. But I am a changed woman now. Spice Lounge has the most amazing menu wich i believe is one of the reasons why it is always the busiest place to eat in Burford. The food is never to spicey to eat ( you know- the kind of curry that makes your eyes water and your throat feel like it's bleeding) and the staff are always more than willing to accomodate your tastes. If a dish you want is indicated to be very hot, you can ask them to tone it down to your liking and they do so without complaint or the rolling of the eyes as you destroy a traditional plate that they wouldnt dare remove the spices if we were in India i am sure. I have read other comments about the long wait to be seated...it is worth the wait.
I come from Cape Town South Africa and we have some of the most prestigious curry houses in the world with 7 star chefs and all that hoopla, my husband tried to impress me when he was still courting me by taking me to this upmarket Indian restaurant called Bahari. Even with their 7 star chef, the highlight of that night were the rotating toilets with the optional "massage" button.
The first time he took me to Spice Lounge I immediantly fell inlove with the place and the owner and staff made me feel so special and the food was full of flavour but not overpowering at all!!!It most definitley is not a "ghastly blot on Burford landscape" (mr 28th april comment) and if that is how ones septic tank tastes well then....what the hell have you been pooping because their curry is out of this world amazing so your poop must be magical!! Not only that,but the language problem is yours.It is an Indian restaurant and you are going there to eat Indian food so expect to be served by Indian waiters and if all those consumers who keep Spice Lounge the busiest resturaunt in Burford can inderstand what the waiters are saying then maybe its not a language problem after all. Maybe you just need a hearing aid.
To anyone out there coming to the Cotswolds, do not leave withput trying Spice Lounge. You wont regret it and it will change your tastebuds forever!!

3 Thank yummojummo
Chester, United Kingdom
“One of the best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The food is absolutely brilliant and the staff are very attentive can't do enough for you. Very, very good.

2 Thank ian w
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Absolutely FABULOUS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

WOW!! This restaurant is amazing, visiting after being to the Fairford air show it was packed this didn't effect the quality of the service or the amazing food it really was special!! Please please visit this place!!

2 Thank ClaireeeD