“Authentic british food”

The Priory Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 15 Burford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I was there on sunday and we all had the roast beef.
It was good served with delicious vegetables.
Bad thing was we had to wait because the place was so busy.
Staff was so kind i would repeat when i get to Burford again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Had a fantastic lunch on Wednesday
They were busy but it was worth the wait for the great food.
The guy serving was really attentive although very busy and apologised for the delay
Fantastic
If your in the area try it first you won't be disappointed

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were looking for somewhere to eat & most pubs in Burford had stopped serving food for the afternoon & we were advised to try The Priory Restaurant! It was a glorious afternoon & all the outside seating at the front was taken so we sat in the window seat looking out onto Burford's beautiful High Street although there is a rear beer garden too! The restaurant has a nice ambiance with low in-offensive background music. The menu had much to choose from & I plumped Steak & Ale Pie served with new potato's, broccoli, peas & carrots. It was delicious.....the pastry melted in my mouth! My partner had spicy fishcakes which she assured me were also gorgeous! Each meal cost less than £9 which I thought was excellent value! If you are looking for somewhere to eat in Burford, whether it be a meal or just tea & cake you cant go wrong here!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
prioryburford, Owner at The Priory Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you we are happy you enjoyed your lunch at the Priory. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Many thanks Justin Evans

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had a good feeling about this place when I booked it. Staff were friendly and extremely helpful and made us feel at home as soon as we arrived after a hard day's walking. The accommodation is basic but very clean and the beds were comfy and rooms had everything we needed. The breakfast was fantastic and set us up for the day's walk ahead. Staff could not have done more to help us, from sharing local knowledge to filling up water bottles, they really went the extra mile. It was the perfect walking weekend priced stopover. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank rufuschaka

Thank you, we are happy you enjoyed your stay and the service after your long walk. We look forward to seeing you soon. Many thanks Justin Evans

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I had a two night break at The Priory, and was very happy with my stay. I had a single room in the garden building, quite simple but with plenty of space for clothes etc. There was no ensuite or even a washbasin, but a washroom and shower were close by, an arrangement which I prefer to having an ensuite which takes up too much roomspace. The bed was very comfortable and there was a large supply of tea and coffee. I particularly appreciated the tea, as the teabags were very high quality, much tastier than those usually provided in B&Bs. The garden was delightful, and the Priory Special breakfast kept me going for the whole day, it was so enormous!

Room Tip: I you are travelling alone and on a tight budget, then go for the single room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank smallspender

Thank you we are happy you enjoyed your stay at the Priory and enjoyed the garden. We look forward to seeing you soon. Many thanks Justin Evans

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We were looking for reasonably priced rooms as we only had two nights in the area and would be out hiking most of the time. A friend mentioned the Priory to me and I must say that the photos on line were exactly how the rooms were. Excellent value for money and really cosy and I slept well even though the village strikes every hour through the night!!! TV, tea kettle in room and loo and shower right next to room. Wonderful breakfast and fabulous waitress.

Room Tip: there are only a handful of rooms there. The photos online were quite accurate in that they are bas...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I learned a useful lesson when looking on the spot for accommodation in Burford. The tourist information office could find nothing available in the village. I asked whether they had listings of all the possibilities in the village, and they said that they did not. I suspect that the listed properties pay a fee to be listed. So I walked out of the office and saw the sign at the adjacent Priory Restaurant which noted that they had B&B accommodation available. The rooms at the back were spartan, but clean and comfortable, also less expensive than B&B in a hotel or private home. Breakfast in the pleasant restaurant was quite good. Recommended.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to check small hotels, pubs and restaurants for accommodation. They may not be li...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family