“Lovely day out!”

Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Burford
More attraction details
Owner description: Closer to Wildlife! Stroll around the Park discovering over 260 different animal species in 160 acres of beautiful parkland and stunning gardens. Get eye-to-eye with Giraffe, walk with Lemurs in our Madagascar exhibit and watch Zebras and Rhinos graze in front of the Gothic listed Manor House, with only a ha-ha in between you. Take a ride on Bella the Train around the Park or let the kids explore the adventure playground. Have lunch in our restaurant or picnic on our spacious lawns. Pet the goats in the Farmyard or watch the Penguins being fed (daily at 11am & 3pm). If your're brave take a peek in our Reptile house with Crocodiles, venomous snakes and lizards or watch the bats flying around in the Bat house or see the creepy crawlies in the Insect House. Stroll around our Walled Garden with Meerkats, Otters, Prairie Dogs, Penguins and Tropical House with free-roaming Sloths, bats and birds. Along with beautiful exotic plants, cactus beds (in the warmer months) and spectacular bedding, all of which make a beautiful backdrop to the animals.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had a great day today, saw everything except just the odd paw or tail of the big cats who were sensibly lazing in the shade as it was a very hot day. The gardens are also beautifully kept, with unusual plants and shrubs. The stars of the show for us were the meerkats and prairie dogs but enjoyed seeing everything from the bats and spiders to the amazing tortoises and bizarre vultures! The enclosure with lemurs prancing around was also amazing..would strongly recommend this as a great place to visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,996)
All reviews
in 47 reviews
"per adult"
in 44 reviews

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

As someone who's worked within the Zoo community and keeps a number of 'exotic pets' I often find myself praising the virtues of good zoos and how they differ from the old stereotypical view. This is such a collection and is simply superb. You might not see some of the animals if they choose to hide, you might rush past some fascinating creatures as they enjoy naturalistic, spacious enclosures but if you visit, you'll see what a good zoo is all about.
As a keen gardener, I was blown away by the planting everywhere I looked, both inside and outside the enclosures. Although we visited on a busy day it didn't seem crowded and I'll certainly be back to see what this beautiful, considerately designed park looks like in all seasons.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My kids love it, it was fantastic day out, i couldn't imagine better things to do. Highly recommended to anybody, doesn't matter if you are with family or friends!

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

What a great place, I have nothing bad to say about it. The animals look very happy and are obviously well cared for
A couple of reviews are complaining that they could not see some animals, that because the animals where obviously choosing to use the shelters that are provided which in my opinion shows that the park puts the welfare of the animals first. The only way to make sure that the smaller animals are on show all the time is to not provide any dens or shelter and this would be very cruel.
I think the entrance fee for a full days entertainment (which need not cost you any more if you being your own refreshments) is reasonable.
Others are complaining at the £1 fee to go on the train- really!!!!!
The cafe is expensive but you can bring your own picnic.
The only complaint was the miserable girl who served me in the gift shop. She could not have huffed and puffed any more if she tried.
But on the whole a day out to be recommended. We will be back

1  Thank lancashirelass33
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We visited the wildlife park whilst on a camping holiday in the Cotswolds. My son was celebrating his 2nd birthday and we have family living in Abingdon, Oxfordshire so it wasn't too far for them to come over for the day and join in the celebrations.
We were blessed with the most stunning weather and had a perfect day. We stayed from opening to closing time and I think we managed to fit everything in.
The best things about the park (from an adults perspective)
1. I thought the grounds and gardens were very well kept and the flower beds were stunning. All the animal enclosures appeared very clean and the animals looked well cared for.
2. Layout - we managed to walk around and see everything without feeling we had to double back on ourselves and keep going past areas we had already seen. We used a buggy for our toddler intermittently and we felt the whole park was very accessible.
3. The staff were friendly and even let my daughter dash into the souvenir shop after closing time to grab herself a small memento of the day.
The best bits about the park (from a kids perspective)
1. The newly open Sky Maze - my five year old loved this and it provided respite from the sun on a very hot day. There were some good toddler sized climbing areas so that our 2 year old didn't feel left out as often happens.
2. Getting up close to the Penguins, Rhino, Giraffes etc - the kids got really good views of the animals and it was great to see their smiles.
3. The narrow gauge railway - an additional £1 per passenger but worth it. It takes you all around the park and my 2 year old absolutely loved seeing it pass us throughout the day.

Overall I felt that the entry fee was excellent value for money and it rates as one of the best family days out we've experienced.

1  Thank Woolly0976