The Bay Tree Hotel
US$114
Cotswold Gateway Hotel(Burford)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$126
US$192
US$181
Agoda.com
US$143
Orbitz.com
The Lamb Inn(Shipton under Wychwood)(Great Value!)
US$171
Old Swan & Minster Mill(Minster Lovell)
US$172
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Witney Hotel(Witney)(Great Value!)
US$106
PremierInn.com
The Lamb Inn(Burford)
Burford House(Burford)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgarden roomwedding coordinatorwedding breakfastamazing weddingwedding venuemolton brown toiletriesduty managerlovely hotelexclusive usebridal suitecotswold hotelenglish hotelpublic roomsmain buildingsister hotelwould highly recommend this hotelbar food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed here before and I can honestly say the attention to detail has slipped, which is a real shame.

We dined in the restaurant, which was fantastic and I will review separately as it should not be put under the same umbrella as the rooms!

Check in was smooth and friendly and we were shown to our room. I did think it looked a bit tatty on the way to our rooms and this was only reinforced in the room. Although the room is bright and spacious, it had the feeling that a quick wipe was all that it had had!

The bath is caked with mildew along the top and behind the taps! It doesn't take much to keep on top of these things, but clearly this is lacking. The tap was broken and again felt there was a distinct lack of any repair.

On opening the wardrobe, the safe had so much dust on it that I actually wrote my name on it! The dressing gowns "hanging"....inside out, ties just hanging down not tied in the front and presented professionally. I would actually go as far as saying that I thought they had been worn and not washed before we arrived.....there was a distinct musty smell coming from them. The contents of the wardrobe......fan, iron, ironing board, radiator......had literally just been thrown in and were all lying heaped up together!

The stairway to our room carpet was just covered in debris and if this has seen a vacuum in the past week again I would be very surprised!

The management and staff in housekeeping really need to get their act together as this level of cleanliness is just not acceptable!.....Come on....buck up your ideas!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ALandOL
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Burford is a picture postcard village & makes a lovely place to stay & visit the Cotswolds. Bay Tree Hotel is stunning from outside with wisteria covering the walls. This was my 2nd visit to this hotel. Stayed in the Tanfield which has it's own entrance. Not sure the room
Had been hoovered!
A suite with front room featuring an open fire which was really cozy. Stone floor and real old charm character. Great for the dogs but can imagine in the winter could be cold as in August it was a bit nippy. Lovely garden. Staff here are just fantastic. Friendly, helpful and really make the stay enjoyable. Dog friendly in the bar and drawing room. Breakfast offers a large selection and is good however it came out cold. They say wifi in hotel but was very difficult to get a service. Overall wonderful place and would
Recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank soliver1976
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed for a wedding and had a lovely time, my room (Asthall) was fairly small but well set out and felt cosy rather than cramped, all very comfortable and quiet. Very friendly and helpful staff and absolutely lovely in the garden in the summer. Ideal for a quiet weekend. Only ate there for breakfast but was all very good - give the full english a go.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had our wedding here on the 19th of July and had the most wonderful day! The staff could not do enough for us and worked non-stop throughout the day to make sure everyone was happy. Poor Mark even stayed up until nearly 5am to accommodate the people who wanted to keep the party going, which was quite a few of us! All of the little details were taken care of meaning we had very little to worry about except enjoy our day! We have had non-stop compliments since then from our guests saying the day was perfect with special compliments regarding Mark and the food! If you are considering this hotel for your wedding just do it, you wont be sorry! To give you an idea I heard a few days ago that the day after our wedding one of my guests came across a couple who were considering this hotel for their wedding and she spent time telling them about how great the day before had been!! Thank you Mark, Maureen and the rest of the staff at the Bay Tree for a day we will never forget!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aoife K
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We booked 2 suites at this old world hotel in the lovely village of Burford. We had "Old Justice" and "Tanfield", both ground level external to the main hotel building. The in-laws were delighted with the large living area and old world fireplace in Tanfield. The hotel has a lovely garden below the dining room. If you are looking for new world accommodation this is not for you. However if you want something old world with irregular shaped rooms, creaking floor boards and with nooks and crannies, character and on a complex with rooms internal and external to the main building this is a great place to stay. For any Inspector Morse fans there was even a death opposite the hotel, the episode A Remorseful Day if my memory serves me correctly. Downside to the old world charm is that anyone with a mobility problem may find the split levels, ever present steps and external slopes a little difficult to cope with. I walk with a stick and managed the two steps down into Old Justice. Reception also has a narrow, stepped entrance. The dining room into the garden via a patio has the same impediment if you have mobility difficulties. Something to think about if that affects you. Our stay was very enjoyable. Staff were attentive and thankfully the bar had real ale on. I'd happily use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Tanfield had a much bigger bed than the very old quaint four poster in Old Justice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family