“A lovely experience”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hotel & Restaurant
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at The Bull for three nights at the end of May to celebrate our birthdays and what a treat. From the moment we arrived the owners and staff were charming, friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The room was comfortable and clean, and the food was utterly delicious - beautifully cooked and presented. All in all I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Patti W
There are newer reviews for Restaurant at the Bull at Burford Hotel

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had friends come up from London to join us for supper here and none of us were disappointed. Ambience was great, linen and silver service, quite and roomy and very pleasant staff. The menu was not extensive but sufficient choice for all to enjoy. Food quality was great and was supported by a respectable wine list. Good value for money.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Burford was the final stop on our Cotswold visit. We chose the Bull as a last night "splash out" and was disappointed. The service was too slow, we waited 45 minutes for our starters and before we had finished the waitress kept looking to see if we had indeed finished obviously because my fork was no sooner put down and the plates swiftly removed and dinner put down. This was less than hot so had obviously been waiting around. I think they had actually forgotten our starters. An ok meal (once it had been re-heated) by microwave no doubt. We did not stay for dessert. Not particularly recommended but not too bad either. Disappointed diners definately.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I booked a table for two to celebrate my wedding anniversary... I called on a Friday shortly before noon and a girl took my reservation for the following evening. On arrival I was told there was no sign of a reservation; I said I had called the day before and spoken to a girl - I was told that the only person who would have answered the phone at that time of day was a man. I know who I spoke to and what she said. No matter, they had a free table anyway so we were seated.

It took a few minutes for anyone to then bring a menu and take a drink order, which was noticeable but we were in no rush so not a problem.

The food was very nice - we ordered from the diverse á la carte menu and enjoyed everything we had. Service was a bit slow, and part of the order was forgotten until I reminded them I had ordered a side (another table suffered the same issue). The atmosphere was a little sterile, but clean and pleasant enough.

We were then invited to take our bill to the reception desk to pay, which is more Little Chef than 4* restaurant.

Overall the quality of the food just about carried it.

1  Thank figbat
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stopped in for a nice lunch on our visit to the cotswolds. the host and the wait staff were extremely nice and helpful. Good choice and variety for lunch at a decent price. Would definitely go there again.