“Fantastic Lunch”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Burford
Slough, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Lunch”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My wife and I were taken to lunch at the Lamb Inn in the bar all I can say is make the time for the Lamb Inn put it on the bucket list the bar, hotel and the Staff are perfict there is know other way to discribe the experience of the visit every ingredient is fresh and cooked to order.
Thank you all for a great time.
Thomas

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank twdkelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Hampshire
Reviewed 10 June 2012

In previous years we have always stayed here at the Lamb, however, this time I was a little late in booking and unfortunately they could not accommodate us on this occasion. However, we visited every evening for drinks one one evening and food and drinks on another. The atmosphere is soooo very lovely and the staff friendly. The NZ Sauvignon was excellent too!
This is our preferred choice in Burford in every way. The bar is comfortable as is the lounge area.
If I had one comment to make - I am not sure about the decor in the ladies! Not sure it is in keeping atall. After a drink or two walking in there, it certainly hits you in the face!

Anyway, a small comment in my opinion. We will return to stay without a doubt in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LoriBar
lincolnshire
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Had a pleasant lunch here in the sheltered and very pretty rear courtyard. Slightly off the main drag of Burford and all the nicer for it; less busy, gentler, unhurried service .

1 Thank KJHlincs
Hull
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed at The Lamb Inn in March 2012 and loved it. Burford is a quaint place and the hotel/inn is lovely - very authentic and comfortable with a high standard of luxury. I dined at The Bay Tree (their sister hotel just up the street from The Lamb Inn) for the evening and the food was utterly out of this world! I did have breakfast at The Lamb Inn and was more than satisfied. I'm a veggie and the offering was more than adequate. Simply delicious scrambled egg too. The room I stayed in (I think it was named Stable on the first floor) had an en suite bathroom with full size bath and shower and was finished beautifully with a selection of luxury toiletries. I loved my stay and wouldn't hesitate to visit again - as I intend to.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Based on other reviews, this was our second choice as our first choice was fully booked, however, the Lamb Inn did not disappoint. It is a very charming country inn with nice clean rooms that have a mix of country aesthetics and modern amenities. It is located in the lovely town of Burford, which is a very nice place to be based for day trips around the Cotswold. The staff at the Lamb Inn are very nice and helpful, and all our breakfasts and dinners at the Inn were delicious. The only faults I could find with the place were the occasional smokiness in the lobby and lounge areas whenever the fireplace was lit and the low shower water pressure in our room (The Barn).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reading
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We went to to The Lamb Inn for a weekend away. On arrival you are greeted by the perfume of a wisteria draped over the front of the hotel. We were welcomed in and our bags were taken up to our room which was pleasant, clean and pleasantly furnished. Bathroom was good with a good range of toileteries provided. We ate in the restaurant and found the food to be of good quality. All the staff were friendly and helpful. A great place for a weekend away.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We stayed her on a Sunday night as they have a special offer available which consisted of a three course Sunday lunch with a glass of wine, bed and breakfast. We had eaten there before and the food had been good so we expected a good lunch and it was very good. The wine was also good. The room we had was up a twisting narrow staircase which you would not want if you had mobility problems but they did have other rooms up a different staircase and a room on the ground floor. The room was a decent size and had two cushioned window seats as well as two armchairs and a small table. The supplies with the kettle were generous with a selection of teas. The bathroom was well fitted and had an over the bath shower and was suppiled with a non slip mat to go in the bath if required and the toiletries were very nice.
My only complaint was to do with service at breakfast. The lady came to take our order for a cooked breakfast almost as soon as we had sat down which would not have been a problem if she had then given us time to have some cereal but I was just half way through my cereal and my husband had not even started when she came back with the cooked meals. Talk about fast food! She did offer to take it away again and keep it warm but we prefered to have it fresh. My smoked salmon and scrambled egg was excellent, my husband had the full english but it came without blackpudding so he had to ask for it and although it was brought quickly it was a very thin piece and rather dry the rest of the breakfast was fine. On check out I was suprised to find that although the lunch was included in the special deal a 10% service charge had been added to the bill for the lunch. Not that I objected to it as I would have left a tip anyway based on the whole bill but nowhere had I seen a notice advising of this service charge. I expect it is in the small print somewhere. I was able to use the WIFI both in the bedroom and in the garden, which is very pretty. By the way, the Inn does not have parking but you can part in the carpark of the hotel next door as they are part of the same company.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burford
The Slaughters Country Inn
#1 of 1 in The Slaughters
The Old Stocks Inn
The Old Stocks Inn
#1 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold

Been to The Lamb Inn? Share your experiences!