“Excellence throughout”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Burford
London
“Excellence throughout”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Just back from a 2 night stay at the Lamb Inn. Our room (Windrush) was comfortable and spacious with a lovely window seat to chill in and read. Molton Brown toiletries in the bathroom contributed to the feeling of indulgence.The food in the restaurant where we ate both nights was very good indeed (especially the ten cheese cheeseboard). The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The lounge area is very comfortable and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
Burford is a lovely town with a beautiful church and is well located for visiting the Cotswolds area.

Room Tip: Windrush is very comfortable and quiet despite being at the front of the building.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KeziahLondon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We booked the Lamb Inn as a result of attending a friend's wedding at the Bay Tree Hotel, the Lamb's sister hotel. We had no expectations and were very pleased upon arrival. The hotel has plenty of character, the rooms are lovely and clean and you can tell the hotel pays attention to detail. Breakfast was excellent. As part of the wedding party, we ate in the Bay Tree and the food was exceptional, I would not be surprised if the Lamb Inn was in the same league. Very good value for money for the Cotswolds! We shall be back!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My wife and I were taken to lunch at the Lamb Inn in the bar all I can say is make the time for the Lamb Inn put it on the bucket list the bar, hotel and the Staff are perfict there is know other way to discribe the experience of the visit every ingredient is fresh and cooked to order.
Thank you all for a great time.
Thomas

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank twdkelly
Hampshire
Reviewed 10 June 2012

In previous years we have always stayed here at the Lamb, however, this time I was a little late in booking and unfortunately they could not accommodate us on this occasion. However, we visited every evening for drinks one one evening and food and drinks on another. The atmosphere is soooo very lovely and the staff friendly. The NZ Sauvignon was excellent too!
This is our preferred choice in Burford in every way. The bar is comfortable as is the lounge area.
If I had one comment to make - I am not sure about the decor in the ladies! Not sure it is in keeping atall. After a drink or two walking in there, it certainly hits you in the face!

Anyway, a small comment in my opinion. We will return to stay without a doubt in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LoriBar
lincolnshire
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Had a pleasant lunch here in the sheltered and very pretty rear courtyard. Slightly off the main drag of Burford and all the nicer for it; less busy, gentler, unhurried service .

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KJHlincs
Hull
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed at The Lamb Inn in March 2012 and loved it. Burford is a quaint place and the hotel/inn is lovely - very authentic and comfortable with a high standard of luxury. I dined at The Bay Tree (their sister hotel just up the street from The Lamb Inn) for the evening and the food was utterly out of this world! I did have breakfast at The Lamb Inn and was more than satisfied. I'm a veggie and the offering was more than adequate. Simply delicious scrambled egg too. The room I stayed in (I think it was named Stable on the first floor) had an en suite bathroom with full size bath and shower and was finished beautifully with a selection of luxury toiletries. I loved my stay and wouldn't hesitate to visit again - as I intend to.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Based on other reviews, this was our second choice as our first choice was fully booked, however, the Lamb Inn did not disappoint. It is a very charming country inn with nice clean rooms that have a mix of country aesthetics and modern amenities. It is located in the lovely town of Burford, which is a very nice place to be based for day trips around the Cotswold. The staff at the Lamb Inn are very nice and helpful, and all our breakfasts and dinners at the Inn were delicious. The only faults I could find with the place were the occasional smokiness in the lobby and lounge areas whenever the fireplace was lit and the low shower water pressure in our room (The Barn).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burford
The Bay Tree Hotel
#1 of 1 in The Slaughters
Cotswold Gateway Hotel
Cotswold Gateway Hotel
#5 of 8 in Burford

Been to The Lamb Inn? Share your experiences!