All reviews lamb bar menu sister hotel bar area molton brown toiletries high street scallops sunday lunch open fire old world charm light lunch old building the pub lovely garden the main street breakfast was excellent bay tree
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband and I came here for a drink in the gardens and intended to move on elsewhere for dinner. After a quick survey of other establishments we quickly came back here for dinner and were not disappointed ! Food here was delicious and obviously prepared fresh, a lovely warm atmosphere and very friendly staff. Highly recommended.

1  Thank TeamQuick
Bill R, General Manager at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you for your review. I cannot agree more than by admitting my family loves eating at the Lamb Inn too. There is a relaxing charm which I hope will see you visit again.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We chose the Lamb as a treat for our silver wedding anniversary and were not disappointed. The hotel is charming as are the gardens, our room, Rosie, having its own private garden. The food was impeccably presented and we felt as if we were having the more expensive tasting menu as we were presented with extra courses, compliments of the chef. The chef himself needs complimenting as the food was delicious. The room was small but extremely well equipped and had its own separate entrance. My only minor criticism was that the room was more modern as it was not in the old part of the hotel but this did not detract from the overall stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

I always enjoy reading such positive reviews on our hotel. Our Chef receives a lot of deserved compliments. He has been our Head Chef for just short of a decade and this is one of the reasons the Lamb Inn has such a consistently excellent reputation. I hope that a return can be scheduled to enjoy our hotel and gardens again before we move to seasons where we huddle round our open fires!

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We've just returned from a night's stay at the Lamb Inn and we couldn't have hoped for anything more. We'd booked under the Sublime Sunday package which includes Sunday lunch. We arrived early, around 11:30 and asked reception what time we could check in from. We were then told our room was actually ready so could check in straight away, which was brilliant. We stayed in the Shepherd Room, which was beautifully decorated with a four poster bed, fireplace and window seat to name just a few features.
After a leisurely wander through the gorgeous village of Burford, a nose in the village bazaar and a refreshing beverage in one of the many pubs, we returned to the Lamb in preparation for our lunch. Upon sitting down in the lounge area we were immediately served drinks and given copies of the menu. Lunch was out of this world. I had the haddock risotto to start, whilst my partner had the chicken livers. Both were beautiful... the risotto was subtly done, perfectly balanced, delicious! The chicken livers were rich and amazingly flavoured with a peppercorn sauce. We both had beef for our main and were blown away by the quality of the meat. It was practically a steak! It melted in your mouth, even when cooked rare which usually tends to be slightly more chewy. For dessert I had the sticky toffee pudding and my partner had chocolate tart. They were both so good, but following such an amazing main we struggled to finish them! The service was faultless. We were attended to every step of the way, never had to ask for anything and the staff were extremely conscientious.
Following such an amazing lunch we didn't really feel too hungry come the evening so decided to order a few deli boards off the bar menu. We ordered an anti pasti board and a ploughmans. Again, we were impressed with the quality of the produce used and by the service.
After a wonderful night's sleep we woke well rested and anticipating more amazing food at breakfast! We were not disappointed. It's going to be pretty hard going back to eating normal food after our stay at the Lamb, we've been spoiled rotten and stuffed to the brim with utterly fantastic food. We couldn't have asked for more from our stay and are already planning our next visit! Thank you so much to all that made our stay so magical!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank SneakyRussian

Thank you for such high praise. It is nice to have our efforts applauded so loudly. The Sublime Sunday is a wonderful package and we supplement this with the best meat we can buy for our Sunday lunches. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

It was pure serendipity that we parked the car in what is a very busy little village on a stunning Cotswold sunday outing that we should find ourselves at lunchtime outside the lamb, what a find!

Service was impeccable and the food was of a very high standard, we shall return for more of the same very

Top marks !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

As you have indicated, I also hope we have the occasion to welcome you again. I look forward to using “impeccable” as a descriptive in the future when talking about the Lamb Inn. Our thanks.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We spent several nights at the Lamb Inn -- and the staff could not be nicer. Charming inn. Unfortunately there was a very unusual heat wave while we there and of course, there is no air conditioning. As we were on the first floor, and our windows were at street level, it was a little disconcerting for this city girl to leave them open. However, safety took a back seat to fresh air with no harm done. Our room was a lovely size but our bathroom could barely fit one person.

Room Tip: Difficult to share a bathroom in the Garnes room...
1  Thank mdtravelbaltimore
Bill R, General Manager at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I apologise for the heat disturbing your visit but as mentioned it was an unusual, protracted heat wave but none the less, very welcome! We do provide fans in each bedroom for guests and I am glad that the natural air conditioning unit (window) provided some respite.