All reviewslambbar menusister hotelbar areamolton brown toiletrieshigh streetscallopssunday lunchopen fireold world charmlight lunchold buildingthe publovely gardenthe main streetbreakfast was excellentbay tree
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Beautiful settings both in the courtyard and bar. We went for lunch and was not disappointed. Lamb inn serves food all day, unlike many other places in Burford. Only a beautiful place to enjoy a glass of wine in the colourful gardens.

Great food, service and lovely staff! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Bill R, General Manager at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for your “beautiful” review, I do not think I could have written better myself. It is wonderful to feel such appreciation of what we work so hard at.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We called in for lunch this week and sat outside in the garden at the back as the weather was so good. Great food in lovely atmosphere. and waitress service for all your needs. The inside is also very cosy especially if there is a log fire burning.We will have to go back in the winter

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks. You are correct in that we are equally as proud of our wintery log fires as we are of our well tended garden. I am very pleased you have had such a nice visit.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The Lamb Inn is tucked away off the main street of Burford so you'll have to seek it out rather that just stumble across it. Friendly staff and fine fayre coupled with some fine beers all contribute to the excellent ambience. I would recommend this establishment to anyone considering visiting Burford.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim W
Bill R, General Manager at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

I am always pleased to read of appreciation in the simpler and more historic parts of our operation. The bar at the Lamb Inn dates back to 1402 and a lot of effort and thought goes in to ensure we offer the correct fayre to match this. My thanks.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Having originally booked a table for 6 in the restaurant, there was no problem made when, in common with other diners, we made a last-minute decision to eat in the attractive garden, because the weather was so good. This meant choosing from the bar menu, rather than the tempting restaurant menu. We were celebrating a big birthday but the bar menu and specials on offer were still special enough for this occasion.

The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, everyone enjoyed the food and the whole experience on a summer evening was delightful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

I am glad that you have chosen and enjoyed your visit for such an occasion. I sometimes jest that our biggest dining rival and closest competition is in fact our own two menus! There is a touch of truth in this as you have highlighted.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband and I came here for a drink in the gardens and intended to move on elsewhere for dinner. After a quick survey of other establishments we quickly came back here for dinner and were not disappointed ! Food here was delicious and obviously prepared fresh, a lovely warm atmosphere and very friendly staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TeamQuick

Thank you for your review. I cannot agree more than by admitting my family loves eating at the Lamb Inn too. There is a relaxing charm which I hope will see you visit again.