All reviews lamb bar menu sister hotel bar area molton brown toiletries high street scallops sunday lunch open fire old world charm light lunch old building the pub lovely garden the main street breakfast was excellent bay tree
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My partner and I stayed at this great hotel for two nights and wow we were not disappointed from the minute we walked in the door to the reluctant walk out of the door. The staff were excellent and could not do enough for us, the room was fantastic. We decided to eat in the bar on the first night and was certainly not disappointed, the following night we had the two for one Steak and Ale pie and what a culinary treat. Anyone thinking of coming to Burford, give them a try you will not be disappointed. I will certainly come back here.

1  Thank Dragz_12
Bill R, General Manager at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

I am very happy to read that you have had such a great visit and that our steak pie is finding fame, two reviews in a row! Thank you.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

My Partner and I had the pleasure of staying here for two nights our room was fantastic the home made flapjacks went down well we also ate dinner in the bar both evenings and found the food to be excellent you should rename your steak and ale pie the "Desperate Dan pie" a huge portion but that said it was fantastic!

The staff were excellent all very helpful and want you to enjoy your stay so much better than any hotel I have stayed in.The Lamb inn @ Burford a fantastic place to relax and unwind in stunning surroundings with good food and great service!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and notes, our staff will be proud to read this. Too often today our industry forgets to convey one simple message to it’s guests, which we reiterate daily. “We want you to be here!”. The team is genuinely focused on this and making sure you have a very good stay. Thanks again.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Visited The Lamb Inn for the first time and would highly recommend a visit if you are in the area. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and we enjoyed a lovely meal in very pleasant surroundings.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bill R, General Manager at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

As a team, every member of staff is proud of what we do and achieve. Each guest we receive we take care of to the best of our ability and with a genuine smile. I circulate every review and I know in advance that our staff will enjoy reading this. Thank you.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Our favourite place for a high quality bar snack or for special occasions a meal in the lovely restaurant.

Bar snacks are not cheap but are high quality and the lounge is a very cosy and comfortable place to eat. This is a well managed establishment and well worth a visit.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Our bar/lounge/garden fayre and our fine dining restaurant do offer very different styles. The recognition of this and subsequent praise is very kind. We take pleasure in providing this for returning guests on a daily basis. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Beautiful settings both in the courtyard and bar. We went for lunch and was not disappointed. Lamb inn serves food all day, unlike many other places in Burford. Only a beautiful place to enjoy a glass of wine in the colourful gardens.

Great food, service and lovely staff! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your “beautiful” review, I do not think I could have written better myself. It is wonderful to feel such appreciation of what we work so hard at.