All reviewslambbar menusister hotelbar areamolton brown toiletrieshigh streetscallopssunday lunchopen firelow ceilingsold world charmlight lunchold buildingthe publovely gardenthe main streetbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The Lamb In in Burford was a beautiful surprise. We had booked with friends a romantic package which included dinner, champagne and chocolates...it was great value and highly recommended.
Burford is beautiful and the Lamb is full of both character and quality.
The staff were very good - in particular in the dining room. The dinner was excellent and the wine selection very good and reasonably priced.

Over all a great experience and I look forward to doing it again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bill R, General Manager at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

I enjoyed reading your review. I agree that our restaurant menu, the tasting menu and our match wine option offers very good value considering the style of food and service. It is wonderful to have this publically shared. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

It was a delight to stay in the lamb inn, the room (violet) was beautiful with period wooden beams and a 4 pain stained glass window. The room had a lovely ensuite the only flaw is that the was no shower over the bath, so your choices were to have a bath or hold the unit,

The bed was beautifully made, fit for a Tudor princess, for breakfast there was a range of choices and the cooked English was delicious.

The staff are very friendly, and I very much look forward to returning one day.

Apart from a rather loud guest snoring above me, it was perfect

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

I am very happy to hear of your stay. Thank you and I hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Room was small, but decorated well. Loved having cocktails in the garden in the back. Perennials are in full bloom and the weather is fantastic. This is a small town with very little traffic. Do not tell Rick Steves about this place. It will become overcrowded. I am Loving the Cotswolds, it is still the same enchanting place I remember from 30 years ago!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to greeting you again.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

A really great pub with a relaxed atmosphere, helpful staff and splendid food. I hugely enjoyed an evening in this first rate hostelry with a group of friends and our children.They fitted us in at the last minute in one of the hotel drawing rooms and the waitress gave us her pithy and refreshingly honest opinions on the food.We had were cold after swimming in the Windrush and the warmth of the surroundings and the hospitality was hugely appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alexander F

Please add in to your mental portfolio that now the weather has dipped we have our four open fires to add to the warmth of the Lamb. It is never a chore to read reviews whereby we have executed our goals…simple and effective catering in our bar/lounge. Thank you and I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

My partner and I stayed at this great hotel for two nights and wow we were not disappointed from the minute we walked in the door to the reluctant walk out of the door. The staff were excellent and could not do enough for us, the room was fantastic. We decided to eat in the bar on the first night and was certainly not disappointed, the following night we had the two for one Steak and Ale pie and what a culinary treat. Anyone thinking of coming to Burford, give them a try you will not be disappointed. I will certainly come back here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dragz_12

I am very happy to read that you have had such a great visit and that our steak pie is finding fame, two reviews in a row! Thank you.