“Disappointing experience”
Review of The Cotswold Restaurant - CLOSED

The Cotswold Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

We went to have a meal in the restaurant here on a Monday night. We saw a reserved sign on one of the tables and so avoided this, there were not too many people in there so there were plenty of other tables to choose from. Hubby went to buy some drinks only to be told that the whole place was fully booked and there would be nothing free for at least half an hour! We left and went elsewhere and have a great night so they did us a favour, and it was far cheaper! I suggest an investment in reserved signs would be in order to avoid disappointment!
I would say that the chap was apologetic but my back had been put up by this time!

1  Thank Wilson168

Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Stopped off here for lunch. The place itself is quite charming if a little chilly where we sat. Lunch was very tasty, can't knock the food but it's a little pricy (typical Oxford price premium!). Overall not bad.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

we did not stay at this hotel we just stopped of one saturday afternoon for lunch.

I ordered Rib eye steak My Daughter ordered Sirloin Steak My wife ordered goulash My son had Chicken & Ham Leek pie.

All of the food was really nice the steaks were cooked to perfection the only gripe was the plates were served cold hence by the time the mustard's had arrived the steak was just warm. I had ordered a rib eye steak but they served me a sirloin i did not say any thing to them as it was very good. I had a pint of real ale which smelt disgusting so the barman changed it for a fresh pint , which was fine. But the mustard's were out of date some by four months.

Perhaps they need to serve them in little bowls rather than out of the pot where any one could have licked there knife & double dipped the mustard's. However i must say the meat was very good.. The One mushroom with one tomato did let it down somewhat as did the salad ,looked a bit limp.also the table was dirty had dried sauce on the edge of table as did the little chip basket that had dried food smeared on the side of my daughters chip basket..

On reflection would not go back unless i was very hungry & they were the only restaurant open

Reviewed 30 January 2012

The service here was warm and friendly. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. A delightful experience.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

The hosts are very welcoming and their excellent reputation for steaks is well deserved, the onion rings are pretty impressive too! Staff are polite asnd patient. Children and dogs equally welcome too!