“Our recent stay at Burford”

Travelodge Burford Cotswolds
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Burford
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Our recent stay at Burford Travelodge was a very plesant experience. On arrival at we were greeted by a nice lady call Noreen. She was very warm and friendly, her customer service skills wee excellent. Our room was clean and fresh smelling. We had a lovely stay and would definitely return and tell our friends.
Many thanks.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Wonderful clean and CLEAN SMELLING hotel. The staff were EXCELLENT.
Recently refurbished so the decor is lovely and the bedding is excellent- extremely good quality pillows.
Had a lovely comfortable stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is a Travelodge and therefore at the budget end of the scale but it is very clean and has been re-furbished with new beds and bedding. The staff were very friendly and there is free on-site parking and it is very close to Burford village. Altogether good value for money.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 26 January 2014

As the title says, I was pleasantly surprised when I recently stayed at the Burford Travelodge. I am usually a loyal Premier Inn guest but this Travelodge was the nearest hotel to a function I was attending.
I usually only hear bad things about Travelodges but this particular one is lovely.
Apparently it has recently had a refurb (the night reception lady informed me). It look nice when I walked into the room and it was immaculately clean, and from me that is a high compliment as I used to work for a hotel chain as a Head Housekeeper and my standards are very high.
Bridget, who was on reception on the morning I was checking out was lovely, extremely friendly and seemed very genuine when she asked me 'how was my stay'.
The only downside is the WiFi. How much???? Oh my goodness! £5 for one hour or £10 for 24 hours and that is PER device! Ridiculous amount in 2014. At a Premier Inn, I pay £3 for 24 hours and that works for mine and my husband's iPads.
There is a Little Chef next door. It is in a converted barn which is lovely with very friendly staff and they do a fab Olympic Breakfast! :-)
If they sort the Wifi out, I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed here pre-refurbishment in Dec 2012 (Average) and following the refurbishment it's looking and feeling great. The room and bathroom was clean, shower was awesome - nothing beats a power shower. The bed was dreamy to sleep on. The Travelodge is in a great location for Burford Village - you could leave your car here and walk if staying. Staff were helpful and cheery - a very nice welcome at 11pm at night when checking in. We made use of the tea/coffee facilities which were good, very glad that the Travelodge haven't done away with them even though they aim to be a budget hotel. My only niggle with the Travelodge in general is that hairdryers are provided but you have to ask reception to borrow one - by the time I remember I'm already down to my birthday suit and a towel (tend to dry hair before I get dressed as otherwise get too hot, but that is just personal preference I know!) and then a trip down to reception is not so likely. Would gladly stay here again when visiting family.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Hotel is great for location, countryside and attractions around, the room itself was nice and tidy and well equipped and as with most PI locations the bed was soft and really comfortable. The staff were really helpful and super friendly and smiley. The only downside of this hotel was the main building interior, parts of the ceiling missing and it just generally looked badly kept, which is why I would say great for location and room comfort as long as your happy to walk through a run down hostel/barrack style building.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The travelodge is located at the back of a Little Chef, 5 minutes walk downhill to the village of Burford. Staff were friendly and professional, room was clean and comfortable. Ideal location, as car can be left there.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burford
Cotswold Gateway Hotel
#1 of 8 in Burford
Oxford Witney Hotel
Oxford Witney Hotel
#4 of 7 in Witney

Been to Travelodge Burford Cotswolds? Share your experiences!