“Must try harder”

Hackett's
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A small cafe serving breakfast, lunch and tea. Take away drinks, sandwiches, paninis, soup etc
Weymouth, UK
“Must try harder”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We visited Burford for the day and chose Hacketts for lunch as it was an ideal setting to people watch on the High Street. The restaurant had a handful of customers so we expected service to be prompt and efficient. The Hacketts Breakfast sounded lovely but I was disappointed with the size of the portion - 1 rasher of bacon, 1 sausage, 1 hash brown a tablespoon of beans and a teaspoon of mushrooms! Granted, the 2 poached eggs and toast were perfect. My wife had a sausage baguette with caramelised onions..... they were fried - not caramelised at all.
The most disappointing aspect was the service, indeed it lost them a lot of custom on that day. We waited 10 minutes for the waitress to clear our plates so we could order dessert - remember they were not busy - we gave up waiting in the end and paid the bill. The table next to us had dirty plates foe 15 minutes after the customers had left, and a young couple who actually came to sit at that table left to go over the road as no one came to clear the plates and take their order. Management should seriously look at the staffing levels and training if they are to survive.

• Visited July 2013

Oxford, United Kingdom
“You must be yolking?!”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I went here for a quick lunch with a friend, I ordered ham,egg and chips and after eating everything apart from one yolk because I don't think my stomach could of handled another bite to eat (because the food is good for what it is) when my plate was taken back to the kitchen I heard the chef ranting and raving about me not eating that one yolk! Pretty silly seeing as I could hear and see her! Pretty rude and I won't be going back.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very friendly staff - worth a visit”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The staff were very welcoming in Hacketts - and we only ordered two frappes and two glasses of tap water! We would definitely return and have something to eat another time.

Visited May 2013
Burford, United Kingdom
“Nice little cafe”
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Not much to say other than I've popped in here several times and had a great breakfast and they also do a rather nice takeaway bacon sandwich.

• Visited March 2013
“Not great place to high priced for what it has!!!”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Place is small could barely swing a cat in it, food average and tables outside are dangerous as on a slope staff look like they don't want to be there not really a great list on food, could do much better disappointed and most times always dead and not web the locals want to go in prices are high would be better as a small cafe and not try making it into a restaurant sorry but would give this place a miss better places in burford to stop off at.