We went to the Bull for the first time last year with the kids - interconnecting rooms - when it was recommended to us by friends and enjoyed it so much that we said straight away we'd go back to the area, which is lovely, and stay - and eat - at the Bull. This time without the kids!
The staff are really friendly and it's family-run so you get a nice vibe. The log fire's always on when it needs to be, there's a cute little bar to have a drink and our room was great with a comfy mattress and all the old charm you'd expect from such an old Cotswold building.
The real surprise, though, comes when you sit down to a meal in the restaurant. We had been looking at eating elsewhere but were again glad we didn't. The food is a revelation, mostly locally-sourced and cooked and presented with real class. Definitely recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently restored and re-opened as a gourmet French restaurant with rooms, The Bull at Burford now offers a varied selection of dishes to suit all palates and beautiful accommodation to match. Situated in the popular village of Burford, this historic building has recently celebrated its fourth century operating as an inn and was officially re-opened by our local MP, The Prime Minister, the Rt. Hon. David Cameron. We look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Bull at Burford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bull At Burford Hotel Burford
- Old Bull Burford
- The Bull At Burford Oxfordshire