I was at The Royal Oak when Erica D visited and her outburst could quite easily have spoiled my evening having dinner with friends. This lady was rude and dismissive and I was very impressed with how Irish dealt with the situation - he was calm and showed courtesy to all the other people who were in the pub at the same time.
I had an excellent meal (and have eaten here numerous times - never to be disappointed!) I asked for a sweet rose and they served the perfect one. I have also had a glass of Prosecco and I would suggest that Erica D may actually have been drinking the vinegar as this was a delicious fruity and a crispy drink and as far from sour as you could possibly get!
I have never had a bad experience at this pub and always recommend the Royal Oak to friends and family and I always get fantastic reviews back! I would always recommend it to everyone and I suggest you take Erica D's comments with a large pinch of Salt!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Oak is a traditional British Inn, offering freshly prepared food, great real ales and bed and breakfast accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, Agoda, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Oak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Oak Hotel Burford
- The Royal Oak Burford, Oxfordshire