Stopped in here out of the blue. Was walking to the High Street when the heavens opened so decided to dive in & get a bite to eat. Wasn't quite sure what to make of the place. It was clean & tidy with stone floors. Landlord was pleasent & chatty when ordering the food. The food when it arrived was well presented. It was also excellent. Clearly fresh. I had a steak which I have to say was one of the best I've had. The chips were to die for. The onion rings were done just right.
Well worth popping in for a meal. A great little hidden away gem .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Oak is a traditional British Inn, offering freshly prepared food, great real ales and bed and breakfast accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, Priceline and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Royal Oak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Oak Hotel Burford
- The Royal Oak Burford, Oxfordshire