The Royal Oak
Burford House(Burford)
US$168
  • Breakfast included
The Bull at Burford(Burford)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 30/05
US$127
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

Free cancellation until 31/05
US$108
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$175
Travelocity
Cotswold Gateway Hotel(Burford)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$125
US$121
The Lamb Inn(Burford)
US$182
US$176
Travelocity
Travelodge Burford Cotswolds(Burford)(Great Value!)
US$78
Travelodge
The Lamb Inn(Shipton under Wychwood)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/05
US$168
Old Swan & Minster Mill(Minster Lovell)
US$182
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$217/night.

No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspiesthe publandlord landladytidy roomwarm welcomehigh streetplenty of storagespecials boardvisiting burfordbeefon arrivalfull englishsunday luncha lovely stayshort breakcar parkaccommodation
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed at the royal oak for one night this week, John Jay and Harry were very friendly and welcoming, the bar area has a lovely friendly feel about it, my bedroom was lovely very clean neat and tidy, it was like sleeping in a cloud the quilt was so comfy, lovely little courtyard type garden for a beer in the sun.
Breakfast was lovely.
All in all I couldn't fault it, I will definately stay here again, good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
RoyalOakBurford, Owner at The Royal Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments. Please come and stay again soon. Thanks again Jeanette

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed at The Royal Oak in Burford for one night on the evening of Wednesday 2nd July having only booked my room the day before. Upon arrival at The Royal Oak I walked into the bar to a nice warm welcome and I can truly say that upon leaving I felt like a true "local". John and Janette (landlord and landlady) are wonderful - very accommodating and nothing is too much trouble. I opted to stay in the slightly larger king sized bedded room with ensuite bath. The room certainly had charm about it, slightly uneven floor and the wonderful stone walls. The bed was extremely comfortable and room very clean. In room tea and coffee facilities were provided along with bathroom amenities and a hairdryer. Personally I also liked the position of The Royal Oak just off the main High Street. The Royal Oak also has a charming courtyard garden and ample car parking. I opted to dine at The Royal Oak on the evening of my stay choosing the Steak & Ale Pie which comes highly recommended and for the more "hungry" appetite. I left The Royal Oak feeling very relaxed also knowing I had made new friends who I will certainly see again soon. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Travelling tip - if you are arriving by train get the train to Charlbury, the taxi to Burford is £20 each way. The Steak and Ale Pie is a must.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
JAWILKO, Owner at The Royal Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding your stay at The Royal Oak and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

A wonderful few hours spent in this friendly pub. The new team make you feel very welcome and comfortable as soon as you walk through their door. I ate one of the best roast beef dinners I have had in ages. A very pleasant and relaxing way to pass time on a Sunday afternoon. Would not hesitate to visit again when in the area next.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
JAWILKO, Owner at The Royal Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding our pub and our roast dinner. We are glad you enjoyed yourself and look forward to seeing you again. Jeanette

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The new people that have taken over this week are great. They are warm and friendly. The atmosphere in the bar was very friendly. We had the calves liver which was really good. Good portion size, hot and tasty.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
JAWILKO, Owner at The Royal Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments. The calf's liver is very popular when on our specials board. Thank you again. Jeanette

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We came across this pub in 2012 and were immediately embraced by the warm atmosphere, particularly enhanced by the log fire. We liked it so much we returned when holidaying at Burford in 2013 and were not disappointed. We went back there again two weeks ago and had a bit of a shock. Despite 'log fire' being advertised on the board outside, the fire had not been lit, replaced by a candle on the mantelpiece and this was a Sunday lunch time! The landlord, although helpful lacked the charisma of the previous Irish one and the buzz had gone. I ordered a coke which was warm and we had to go back and ask for ice. Having said this the food was excellent with chips to die for. I wish the new landlords well as they are obviously trying their hardest to please.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roy W
JAWILKO, Owner at The Royal Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

We would like to thank you for your review. We would also like to let you know that The Royal Oak is now under new ownership as of the 9th June 2014. We hope to have the opportunity to readdress any of the issues mentioned, if you choose to visit in the near future. Jeanette Wilkins