The sign outside says "Not a gastro pub".
You better believe it - DO NOT EAT HERE.
The food took 45 minutes to arrive and was inedible. Clearly it was reheated from frozen, but completely tasteless. The boiled potatoes hadn't even been properly cleaned.
When I mentioned my dissatisfaction to the landlady she just smiled and shrugged.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Oak is a traditional British Inn, offering freshly prepared food, great real ales and bed and breakfast accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Royal Oak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Oak Hotel Burford
- The Royal Oak Burford, Oxfordshire