Cotland House
US$108
The Bull at Burford(Burford)(Great Value!)
US$127
The Lamb Inn(Burford)
US$182
US$176
US$175
Cotswold Gateway Hotel(Burford)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$122
Hotels.com
Travelodge Burford Cotswolds(Burford)(Great Value!)
US$78
Travelodge
Burford House(Burford)
US$152
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
The Lamb Inn(Shipton under Wychwood)(Great Value!)
US$168
Old Swan & Minster Mill(Minster Lovell)
US$182
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbiscuitslovely couplekitchen dinergreat hostsvisited blenheimshort walkyogurtcarpenters armscooked breakfastone nightstayed here for two nightsburford areabreakfast was amazingoff street parkinghuge bedfull english breakfastlovely place
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We needed somewhere comfortable to crash last month after a long flight from Sydney with our 9 month old baby. Cotland House exceeded our expectations. The room we were allocated was tastefully decorated, as is the whole house. Shelly's taste is unpretentious, simple and very comfortable. Shelly had set up a cot for our baby (without having requested one) with some cosy blankets and a little teddy bear. Our bed was plush and comfortable. A tea tray with a good selection of teas greeted us, complete with four little lemon short bread biscuits, which were so tasty, I'm sure they were homemade.
Best of all was the breakfast Shelly prepared for us. Buffet section included a large bowl of fresh berries, a good variety of cereals, natural yoghurt and juice.
At the table a clean setting with croissants, fresh coffee, the best cooked breakfast I've had in England (and I lived there a year) complete with local smoked bacon - delicious. A high chair was at the table for our baby, without having to ask for one.

A few days after our one night stay, we called Shelly to ask for another night, as we had decided to head back to London early.

Some people just get the B&B business and Shelly is one of them. We found her hospitality to be warm and thoughtful and will be recommending this B&B to anyone we know travelling west out of Heathrow!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2012

A two night stay in Cotland House was a lovely gift from our son and partner. Having stayed only once in another old fashioned run down B&B it was with trepidation we set off to the Cotswolds. What a nice surprise to find such a beautiful property overlooking open land. We were shown to our delightful large room by the hosts polite son. Imaculate and modern, a good shower, complimentary tray of tea, coffee etc with biscuits too. Burford, a short walk away is charming. Shelley, our host, was absolutely lovely. There if we required anything but discreet otherwise. Breakfast was a real treat and we couldn't wait for the next morning! We can't think of any negatives.
Shelly has a quiet charm and a great sense of humour which was extremely appealing. Go to Cotland House as soon as you can.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jen b
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My boyfriend took me on a surprise trip to the Cotswolds for our anniversary and we spent one night here. The house is beautifully decorated and there is designated guest parking. We didn't go out in the garden because the weather wasn't the best but I can imagine that it is very nice in the summer. The room and bathroom were great, again nicely done out, with a comfortable bed. The breakfast was excellent, I'm sure you can't get bacon like that in a supermarket, very tasty. The house is in a good location as well, within easy walking distance of Burford or, if you prefer, you can just stumble to the pub next door. We had dinner at the Bull in Burford which I would highly recommend for a special occasion.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma W
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Just back from a very agreeable stay at Cotland House which was, unfortunately, only for one night. I'm normally a little wary of staying in B&Bs because when they're bad they can be very, very bad. Cotland House, however, is very, very good.

Shelley was friendly and attentive but not intrusive (although I note I didn't get any home made brownies or biscuits like some other reviewers!). The house is located just a few minutes walk from all the amenities of Burford which I'm told has 15 pubs, but I didn't manage them all in one night.

I had the attic double room which was a good size although the en-suit had only a (very nice) bath and not my preferred shower. Plenty of fluffy white towels and clean bed linen and a good selection of teas, coffee and hot chocolate. Breakfast is very good and the full English is cooked to order with offers for top ups of tea, coffee and toast. A nice touch was a variety of newspapers.

The best recommendation I can give is that I will return to Cotland House soon and would have no hesitation recommending it to friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Absolutely lovely B&B, would highly recommend. Rooms were beautifully decorated and very cosy. Our host was attentive but not overbearing, and advised us well on local restaurants and walks. She also prepared a delicious breakfast for us, served in the lovely cosy dining room with log fire and newspapers. Perfect! Only downside was no off-street parking, but plenty of parking on quiet street by side of the house. The B&B is a short walk outside Burford - only about 5-10mins walk to the middle of town, with pavements all the way.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family