“Great fish, good taste”

Inn For All Seasons Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 40 Restaurants in Burford
Price range: US$26 - US$37
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Country Inn serving quality local and best of British Produce. Classically trained chefs that prepare and cook from only the freshest ingredients. A renowned Sea food menu, pub classics and a creative a la carte menu all executed with care and attention.
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Earlier this week I visited the Inn for All Seasons yet again, meeting a friend for lunch. It's a comfortable, relaxed place, with friendly service. This time I had a sand sole and it was truly exquisite in its simplicity, accompanied by homemade chips and al dente vegetables. To finish with, I had the crumble, truly out of this world, and all at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

My family stopped for a late lunch on a Saturday. I assumed this would be your typical roadside pub, but was surprised when we walked in how cozy and comfortable the atmosphere was. The servers were very prompt and courteous. The menu had a wide variety of sophisticated dishes in addition to more traditional offerings. My chicken supreme was slightly small, but the included sides were very generous and the meal was fantastic. I would definitely order it again except there were numerous other menu items that looked delicious as well. I wish there was a restaurant of this caliber closer to where we lived!

1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

We made a reservation based on my partners dads recommendation & decided to give it a go.
The exterior is lovely with its traditional features that give off a good first impression.
We were quickly shown to our table & greeted by friendly, happy & enthusiastic staff.
Starter of coriander soup was light & full of taste, only small complaint which seems a common one with restaurants these days is the butter for the bread which accompanies the soup course was too hard & made it tough to spread which then tears the bread but thats an easy to address issue.
I went with the Guinea Fowl main course which was the first time I've tasted that. It tasted amazing, lots of flavour, tender & the potatoes served underneath were very nice. My girlfriend had Venison which she let me try, that again was tender & full of flavour, nicely presented on the plate too.
On another positive note we ordered a bottle of champagne & while they diddnt have a bottle of the house bubbly left (understandable with the recent xmas & new year celebrations) they had a more expensive one & charged us the same price as the house bottle which was a nice unexpected gesture.
One issue I did have & I don't know if it was a one off but the menu is well presented & features meals you don't find at just your average restaurant, the decor that is old & emits a lovely cosy sophisticated atmosphere, the elegant & polite staff which all give off a lovely classy dining experience & all thats missing is some relaxing music to make the experience complete…however they chose 90's club anthems to play in the background & while its a small complaint it does taint the evening a little. I still wouldn't hesitate to recommend though as the food is 10/10, a lovely restaurant & staff that couldn't have been more helpful & welcoming.

1  Thank John J
Reviewed 6 January 2017

For our wedding anniversary I decided to bring my wife away to one of my old RAF stomping grounds on the edge of Burford in the Cotswolds.

Having left the girls safely in rural Somerset I booked a couple of nights in a room with a four poster bed at the Inn For All Seasons in Little Barrington, there shall be a separate review of the hotel at the end of the weekend, but so far things are looking very favourable.

We'd already ensured we had a reservation in the restaurant for the Saturday evening having heard from a friend about the daily fish from Brixham, another favourite destination of ours but due to the torrential rain we decided to dine in tonight (Friday) too.

We were the first to be seated in the restaurant this evening but were quickly accompanied by several other guests. The lady, front of house, was the same who greeted us upon arrival and remained just as pleasant and welcoming throughout both the afternoon and evening.

We decided to skip the starter and opted solely for a main course, I chose from the winter menu whilst my wife chose from the specials fish board; each option arriving fresh from Brixham on a daily basis.

I asked the front of house to suggest a preference for me from between the Whole Grilled Plaice, Lemon Parsley Butter with New Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables for £17.50 or the Pan Seared Wild Sea Bass Fillet, Roast Salsify Chips, Wild Mushroom and Spinach Ragout and a Champagne Sauce for £16.50. I was hoping to be bowled over by either but having a soft spot for plaice I was happy to accept that as a recommendation.

When the plaice arrived it was presented on a plate with just the lemon parsley butter in a mini sauce boat, which is precisely how I was hoping it would arrive and the combination of the golden outer crust with the perfect creaminess you really only get from plaice lent itself beautifully to the butter.

My wife chose the Red Thai Curry, Fish and Shellfish Cooked in a Coconut, Lime Leaf and Lemongrass Sauce, Served With Pickled Vegetables and Coriander Rice for £14.75. The discussion before this dish arrived centered on the thickness of the sauce, too many times one is presented with a sauce that is too thin but the many pieces of fish ensured that this could never be the case and was indeed the perfect consistency to accompany the rice and to be further complimented by the pickled Vegetables.

All in all, excellent value for money, a beautiful setting and attentive and caring staff made this a wonderful start to a very special weekend and already I am relishing the thought of breakfast and another evening meal to be had here.

1  Thank LordWessex
Reviewed 21 December 2016

We had our work Xmas lunch here today. It was fabulous. Great food quality, excellent service, great choice of fresh vegetables. Would definitely recommend.