“Great food with a relaxed ambience”

Wild Thyme Restaurant and Rooms
Cuisines: British, European, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Exciting modern and contemporary seasonal British food and relaxed friendly service complemented by three stylish double rooms.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Great food with a relaxed ambience”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Super meal to celebrate my son's engagement. Good value for money. It seems to me that the chef really knows about flavour combinations. Yummy. It's one of the best meals we've had. It looks like any other small informal restaurant when you look through the window, but it's worth trying it out.

• Visited April 2012

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Best meal in a long time”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I was taken to Wild Thyme for a birthday treat. Everything from the candlelit, warm interior to the attention to detail in the service, to the spectacular food was just wonderful. Booking is essential as we saw the front of house turn many a sad, hopeful local away.
This was Michelin starred food without the price tag AND bigger portions! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. Can't recommend highly enough.

1 Thank Nattorama
STOURBRIDGE ENGLAND
“SUPERB FOOD”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This is a small but perfectly-formed restaurant in Chippy. The decor is welcoming and comfortable with candle light providing ambience. It's a small but obviously lovingly prepared menu with an eye to what's in season and what foods complement each other. I had guinea fowl despite worrying about all the fiddling around you have to do with little birds - and I shouldn't have worried - all the hard work was done for me with beautifully-cooked slices of meat with puy lentils, an immaculate confit-filled tortellini and delicious shitake mushrooms. Hubby had sea bass with a brown shrimp risotto; and we both were very impressed with how everything tasted exactly as it should, cooked to perfection. Desserts are a wee bit pricey - but we shared a crispy apple tart with yummy vanilla ice-cream.Sheer delight. The only thing approaching average was the cappucinos which were a little bland. Very good staff and excellent touches like posh popcorn and olives as a free appetiser plus heavenly bread.

Visited March 2012
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Best food and value for miles around”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Had a fabulous evening with 8 friends. Great ambience in the semi private garden room at the back of the restraurant and with excellent unobtrusive service.

Our party was spoilt for choice - most of us could have eaten everything on the menu. Top marks to the venison which was probably the best I've ever tasted and to the scallops. First class wine list and not overpriced.

We'll be back!

York, United Kingdom
“The menu was full of dishes I really really wanted to eat.”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We were off to the Heythrop Park Resort near Chipping Norton for the Independent Publishers Guild's annual conference. But having stayed there last year and been unimpressed we chose Wild Thyme in Chpping Norton... and why wouldn't you? It describes itself as a restaurant with rooms which is exactly what it is. My room was charming and little touches like homemade bisciuts and a jar full of toffees added to the pleasure of staying there. Did I say it was cheaper than what delegates had to pay at Heythrop Park? Well it was. But what makes Wild Thyme stant out was the quality of the cooking. The menu was full of dishes I really really wanted to eat. After starting with scallops I settled for pork belly with black pudding. It was superb but one of my companions allowed me to taste her locally sourced venison. I now know what I shall be ordering next time. The restaurant is smallish which may mitigate michelin stars but I have eaten food in starred establishments which did not match what Wild Thyme provided. Well worth a detour as the Michelin Guide should say.