“Thank you for a wonderful stay”

Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Chipping Norton
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed at the Crown Plaza Hotel, Heythrop Park on Saturday 13th July. My husband had booked it as a surprise for our 1st wedding anniversary.
The staff were amazing and friendly and couldn't be more helpful. We ate in the Brasserie restaurant and the food was outstanding. The rooms were reallygreat and the bed one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Thank you so much for making our 1st anniversary so special

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
GMHeythrop, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Thank you so much for your recent positive review of our hotel. It is always lovely to read that our guests have had a wonderful stay and that we helped make a special occasion memorable.
We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,350)

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Ok venue with a compact feel to the room. We had a BBQ in the evening which was really poor - not hot, dry meat and not up to scratch . It seems a busy hotel with tourists but one I would not rush back to it as it felt cold and lacking in any customer attention. I felt processed .... not valued!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, we are sorry that you did not find the food of a high standard during your stay.
We take all feedback very seriously and have passed your comments on to the team.
Although we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, we would like the opportunity to put that right and hope that you do consider us for any future stays you have in the area.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Wow, very swish. Long winding tree lined drive up to the hotel, and plenty of free parking. Lovely grounds and gardens, fountain in front of the hotel is very attractive. Golf course next door.
There are two hotels next to each other. One is in an old and rather beautiful old mansion and the Crowne Plaza is a modern hotel attached to it. I do agree with reviewers mod68 and Kaiser1972 about the look of the place, but don't take any notice of the look of the hotel, it's the inside the matters. Interior is modern and business like.
Check in was quick and efficient, receptionist Francesca seemed genuinely pleased to see us and was friendly and helpful.

We had room 79 which was very smart and modern and while clean and tidy was a bit on the dark side due to the fact that it didn't have a window only a small glazed door which led out onto a balcony. (Tea, coffee and biscuits in the room) The weather when we stayed was very hot but the quiet and efficient air conditioning kept it comfortable and we had a good nights sleep. Good comfortable bed. (The air conditioning was quiet enough to leave on all night, which we did)
The bathroom was spotless and had a spacious and efficient walk in shower.
We didn't have dinner in the hotel but breakfast was fine, plenty of choice, (lovely sausages!)Things that had run out were quickly replenished and staff were quick and polite.
All in all a good nights stay and I'd stay there again although next time I would ask for a lighter, airier room as ours was a bit dark and gloomy.
Thank you everyone we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

My husband and I just spent a night at the hotel to celebrate his birthday. It was our second visit to the Crowne Plaza at Heythrop Park and we just love it. Check in was swift and efficient, we were upgraded to a beautiful room and had the lovely surprise of a complimentary bottle of prosecco in the room to celebrate my husband's birthday. This was arranged by the wonderful front of house manager, Louise Bird, who is customer service personified. The rooms are light and airy with everything you need, bathrooms are modern and clean and the bed is the best hotel bed I've ever slept in!

I cannot understand any negative reviews where customer service is concerned. We had lunch in the snug bar and the staff in there are constantly working, there was certainly no standing around chatting as per a below review. A special mention goes to Ash and Walter who looked after us really well.

We ate in The Brassey restaurant and had a great meal. Josuhua was very attentive and the guest relations manager was present and ensuring that everything was to our liking. Breakfast was equally as good.

The spa here is fab. It's nicely done with great changing facilities, a good pool and a lovely spa bar area. We were lucky enough to be staying during this glorious weather so I did suggest that they may want to look in to putting some sun loungers in an outdoor area at the spa as that would make it perfect for me.

What makes this hotel stand apart from so many others is the focus on customer service. Staff are so attentive without being overbearing, nothing is too much trouble and they are just so friendly. We will be back soon :) Thanks to all (particularly Louise) for making my husband's birthday weekend so fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay with us. It is always nice to read such wonderful reviews and we will ensure that your comments are passed on to the team particularly the individuals you mentioned.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel is situated in beautiful ground and could be much better. Unfortunately, to my mind, it is a stone monstrosity attached to a beautiful old house (another hotel). Why this building was allowed I'll never know. The décor and furnishings were garish and in bad taste especially in the upper floors. The service in the snug bar was awful - staff standing around chatting when clients were waiting to be served. Never a manager to be seen. Breakfast most of the time was good but when it was busy it was a complete shambles. The bedroom was light and airy but the wardrobe was so small the ironing board had to be removed before we could hang anything up. There was one tiny drawer for storage. We were there for five days and had to live out of a suitcase. The saving grace for this hotel was the food which was excellent

Room Tip: Do not accept a room round the inner courtyard. If there is a disco going on the noise is unbearab...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
GMHeythrop, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Many thanks for your review. I would like to apologise for the disappointment that you experienced during your stay with us regarding the room you were allocated. We have many rooms of various sizes and grandeur. . Also my sincere apologies for the level of attention to detail afforded to you in our restaurant and bar area's. Please be assured that your comments have been acted upon and re-training has been given to ensure that this does not re-occur again. we also take both praise and criticism graciously. All of your comments have been discussed with my team and actions have been put in place. Our aim is to treat our guests as first class citizens, and It is also our aim to offer a high level of excellence that gives a lasting impressive impression to all our guests. Everyone has differing opinions on décor, what is restful on the eye and what is not; therefore it makes it hard to please all the people all the time. And from your comments the décor was not to your liking but, too many guests who visit us it is. I do hope that you will vist us again. Regards General Manager Debbgie Priestley.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I travel quite alot with work and consequently stay in a wide variety of hotels. This hotel is very nice. I stayed for one night last week at a conference. Modern hotel, recently refurbished, very nice grounds, room was good size, bar and restaurant thoroughly pleasant, staff helpful and friendly. in summary, a very nice hotel. Do not be put off by the hotel's external likeness to a communist block of flats when you first arrive, it gets better once inside.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Many thanks for sharing your experience. We are fortunate to be a busy hotel with many conferences weddings and functions and we do try hard to ensure that any events that we hold do not detract from the relaxing environment we offer our leisure guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Regards Debbie Priestley General Manager

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed at the hotel for just one night. I paid 165 pounds including breakfast. I was upgraded from an executive room to a junior suite due to platinum status with Priority Club. The room was ok but for a junior suite, it didn't have that special touch that one expects when staying in a room of that caliber. I also had an extremely limited view from my room. The bathroom was very large yet the shower pressure was extremely weak.
The staff seemed overworked and tired however they were pleasant.
Room service was just mediocre and overpriced for the quality of the food. Breakfast was very poor but the manager of the restaurant was inviting and friendly.
The town of Heythrop-Chipping Norton is very picturesque however I don't think I would be staying at the hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013
GMHeythrop, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

I am very sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. But thank you for your comments, we constantly review feedback and adjust our services accordingly, please be assured that your review has been discussed with the team. Regards Debbie Priestley General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipping Norton
#1 of 1 in North Leigh
Old Swan & Minster Mill
Old Swan & Minster Mill
#1 of 1 in Minster Lovell

Been to Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford? Share your experiences!