“Going for a drink”

Bitter and Twisted
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I went in to the pub after a meal in Thai Shire, only stayed for one while waiting for a taxi, seemd pleasent, nice mix of all ages, attentive bar staff, would go back again if i was in the area

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My partner and I recently decided to pitch our caravan in Chipping Norton on a permanent basis as we love the area so much. Bitter and a Twisted had been recommended to us by friends so we where eager to try it out, and where not disappointed!

The bar is modern and very tastefully decorated. They have a fantastic selection of drinks and a comprehensive cocktail menu which are very reasonably priced. I am also a bit of a cocktail snob and it was nice to see all cocktails being made from scratch to traditional recipes....no instant mixes here!

The food is superb. We've now eaten here on several occasions now and tried nearly everything on the menu, and so far have not been disappointed. There is always a nice selection of specials available as well as the main menu and I particularly favour the meat boards.

Mention must also be made of the staff here. From our very first visit the staff where extremely welcoming and helpful. Nothing is ever too much trouble and any request is met with a smile.
It's nice to go back after being absent for a few weeks to be recognised and welcomed just as warmly as a local.

I thoroughly recommend Bitter and Twisted to anyone.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We visited this bar/restaurant for the first time today with my wife, grown up children and very young niece & nephew. My daughters are aged 20 and 22.
We were shocked when we ordered our meals and two glasses of white wine (one for my wife and one for my 22 year old daughter) to be told that my daughter would need I.D even though we were having a meal and she was with us on a Sunday lunchtime - And 22 years old. We we're told (in a very public and embarrassing way with other diners thinking we'd done something terrible!) that it was at the manager's discretion to not serve alcohol without I.D! This was the third staff member to come to our table, which could have been done far more discreetly and professionally. Our understanding was that with a meal, and with parents, you only have to be 16 to have a glass of wine at which age you wouldn't need ID anyway. To be 6 years out and refused a glass of wine is unacceptable. Had we been bothered, we would have argued the case, but didn't want any further scene caused for the sake of the restaurant. This initial reaction tainted our whole experience. Shame because the restaurant itself is pleasant and the food very good. Just feel the staff and management need to know the law and have more of a discreet consultative conversation with us.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Great friendly service, good food with specials and lovely decor.
Always a pleasure to spend an evening here.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The service is good (and the staff remember you). The menu is varied and tasty and reasonably priced. A bit noisy for a quiet romantic meal but excellent if you want a lively atmosphere. It is certainly better than 'pub grub' and deserves a commendation.