“Enjoyable Stay”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Chipping Norton
Cheshire
“Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Recentley returned from a weekend stay at Heythrop Park with my wife, i cannot really understand all the negative reviews. I have to admit after booking it, i was a little worried what to expect.
The hotel was set in a wonderful location, the room was more than satisfactory. Breakfast was really enjoyable and we both found the whole weekend relaxing, just what we wanted. Having not visited this part of the country before, we found the location ideal for visiting a variety of local attractions.
Overall i found the staff to extremely friendly and nothing seemed to be to much trouble.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
GMHeythrop, General Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
thank you for taking the time to put your feedback onto the tripadvisor your feedback very does help move the Hotel forward. It is so nice to discuss your comments with my team here at the Hotel and these reviews really do make a difference. We look forward to seeing you in the near future, if you are coming back to the hotel please call or email direct. THANK YOU
mstarkey@heythroppark.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I stayed on 14th Oct as part of a two day conference. I was most impressed with the hotel, the intial welcome at Reception, the rooms were spotless and modern and the food great. Golf course looked fantastic but I couldn't play as I was working.
However I was so impressed by the hotel and facilities that I booked with golfbreaks.com for a weekend at the hotel for my husband and myself at the end of November which we are really looking forward to.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
I would like thank you, for taking the time and trouble to put your wonderful review onto the tripadvisor website. It will be so nice to feed these comments back to the team and I know they will be very happy to know they have looked after you during your stay. If you are thinking of returning to Heythrop park please call me or email. once again THANK YOU.
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I'm sorry if you have already booked and now looking at what you are going to get. We took one look at the room and left, it was that bad. I'm not going to go into detail as it doesnt seem fair! Shame as it all looked so good on the website!

• Stayed October 2011
GMHeythrop, General Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to put your feedback onto the tripadvisor website, would it be possible for you to email me your contact number and when would be agood time to call you so we can discuss your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Chipping Norton hotels

Solihull
Reviewed 20 October 2011

What a gem of a golf course this is. Well worth a visit and a warm welcome was made by all. Check the website for best deals.

Room Tip: Try and stay in the hotel, the stately home has rooms that are a bit dated and seen better days. But...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
GMHeythrop, General Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this review, 23 October 2011
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay here at the hotel, it will be a pleasure to discuss these comments with team here at the Hotel. It goes without saying if you are in the area in the near future please call me or email me direct.
once again THANK YOU
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I attended a conference at the hotel last week ...found it to be a relaxing environment, courteous staff. Food pleasant, room bit small but clean and welcoming. Overall pleasant experience will go back for leisure stay .

Room Tip: A colleague had a lovely room in the south so pay the extra for a nicer room
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
GMHeythrop, General Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Thank you for putting you very nice feedback on the tripadvisor website, it was a pleasure looking after you during your stay. I will pass your feedback on to the team here at Heythrop Park Hotel. It goes with out saying if you are thinking of visiting the hotel on leisure break please call me first or email me direct.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Having read a couple of the earlier reviews I have to say I was a little bit worried about what this place was going to be like. After staying for two nights last weekend with my partner and our daughter I'm left scratching my head as to how this place got poor reviews. The staff were really friendly (even the hotel manager stopped and chatted the two or three occasions we bumped into him) and seemed to really want to make our stay a great experience. Rooms were great, food was lovely just a bit gutted I wasn't allowed to take the golf clubs ! ! ! I'm not sure whether the poor reviews were before this new fella started or not as he said he hadn't been there too long but from what I've read the place really seems to have improved. We'd definitely stay there again I know that.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
GMHeythrop, General Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
I've just got of the floor after reading your wonderful feedback, three weeks ago I become the General Manager of Heythrop Park Hotel this feedback means so much to me and my team here, Working in Hotels is something I not only enjoy it but I LOVE it, looking after peolpe is the only thing I'm any good at and you have told the whole world about your wonderful time here at the Hotel. So on behalf of the team and I THANK YOU. Please next time you are in my area plese call me first or email direct
mstarkey@heythroppark.co.uk
p.s don't forget your clubs next time.
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2011

For a sepecial birthday treat stayed in the main hall, in a very expensive bedroom. The windows were dirty (squashed flies and months of dirt) and rattled all night. The bedspread was also dirty, but sheets looked clean.
Reception understaffed so check in and out took an age.
Food was very average at best and some was just horrible.
Spa and pool and location are beautiful, so great shame about the hotel's very poor standards. I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want a good room go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
GMHeythrop, General Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this review, 11 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time an trouble to talk to me today about your recent stay, I would like apologize for not making your stay perfect last weekend. I will speak to the team regarding your feedback. You said you had family in the area when you are next visiting them please call or email me first and I will makesure you are well looked after.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipping Norton
#1 of 6 in Woodstock
Jurys Inn Oxford
Jurys Inn Oxford
#7 of 44 in Oxford

Been to Heythrop Park Resort? Share your experiences!