A stunning building from the exterior with fantastic grounds. The drive from the main road is over two miles from the hotel so don't think of strolling out to the village pub, it's too far, but it filled me with anticipation on the drive in. Check in was very easy and straight forward and went to my room. I have to say it is one of the worst rooms I've stayed in since my younger budget days. It was clean as was the bathroom but horrible. Not a single picture, the electrical testing was way out of date which made me think they these must be overspill rooms. The view looked onto what I can only think were staff quarters and what a tip they looked.
Didn't want to hang around for breakfast the following morning I was so disappointed. If anyone should ever decide to stay here do not, repeat do not saty in the Shrewsbury rooms. Horrible and not good enough for a De Vere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heythrop Park Hotel is set in 440 acres of stunning Oxfordshire countryside and forms part of Heythrop Park Resort. The hotel is in a traditional 18th century mansion house and has access to the resort's extensive leisure facilities including an 18 hole championship golf course, spa and health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heythrop Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heythrop Park Resort, Golf & Country Club Hotel Chipping Norton
- Heythrop Park Resort, Golf And Country Club
- Heythrop Park Hotel Country
- Heythrop Park Resort Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire