“Great Value for Money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Heythrop Park Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Heythrop Park Resort
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Chipping Norton
South Devon, United Kingdom
“Great Value for Money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Stayed here with my partner for 1 night whilst attending an event at Blenheim Palace, with myself being an hotelier I must say that I was positively surprised by the standard for the price we paid for. I think we can say that as De Vere start running this part of the hotel some rooms are being refurbished along the way, our room was modern and had all you can expect in a reasonable good hotel that you pay very little. I wouldn't hesitate in staying again and can honestly recommend to everyone. Our room was 322.

If I would be very picky I would say the corridors you access the room need a bit more cleaning and decoration as it looked like staff areas, and that the explanation where breakfast was being served could had been better, however as I say that shouldn't put you off.

Francisco Macedo

• 4 of 5 bubbles
GMHeythrop, General Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We take all comments on board and will ensure that you points regarding corridors are passed on directly to Housekeeping so that we can improve on this.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed one night over the weekend on a Dinner Bed & Breakfast package - had a Suite in the main building. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, particularly Dave on Reception. The room had stunning views and a lovely bath and shower. It is not furnished in a modern fashion but that is in keeping with the building. Dinner was well presented and the service was excellent. We were allowed to upgrade our inclusive house wine. All in all an excellent hotel on the up and offers excellent value for money

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please visit our new look website for some excellent value packages for any visits to us in the future.
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Having stayed for the second time I felt it was time to write a review.

Get the right room and this place is amazing!! Having read previous reviews, of which a large number are bad, it appears there is a real discrepancy in room quality and experience.

We stayed here on our mini-moon last Christmas and now are back for our 1st anniversary. Both times we have stayed in the room Eldon, this room is in the main house. It has stunning views on two sides over the unspoilt grounds and it's size and grandeur are fantastic.

Each time we have been it had felt like we are staying at Downton Abbey! We love it!

Both times we have come on the dinner, spa and breakfast package and feel like it is good value for money. The spa facilities are very good and our dining experiences have been excellent, but the real beauty of this place is the main house. The grand staircase, the huge fireplace, the lounge areas are all stately. I can honestly imagine this is a little bit how the Queen feels going to bed!

Apologies if this sounds a little too gushing, and I can't speak for those who have had different rooms, but get in to Eldon and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Eldon, although I imagine all in the main house, first floor are excellent (if this one is anything...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed both stays with us. Please come back and see us again very soon!
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

It is hard to think where to start when writing a review for this Hotel - everything about this Hotel looks to be perfect - the grounds, the building - stunning from the outside....BUT! Once you enter the Hotel, don't expect any decent service or luxurious rooms.

We arrived at the Hotel and checked in with a surly Receptionist - no grace on show whatsoever. Our room was in this strange annex-y type extension. We got lost twice trying to find it and ended up wandering around this run down conference area which looked like it was straight out of the 70's! Some signage would clearly not go a miss.

Our room was bland, bland, bland - nothing to get exciting about - think school dormitory's and you are not far off the mark. In a building like this you would expect the rooms to echo the oppulence/style of the building - this is an area they seriously need to look into.

Having charged nothing to our room during our stay we discovered a £35 charge on our room - supposedly for dinner which we did not eat - I explained we hadn't eaten in the Hotel and this was an error. I am so glad I chose to book my room via Paypal as had I left card details with the Hotel I feel certain they would have charged the card without my authorisation. What is worse - a month later I had a phone call asking me to pay up!! You can guess my response!

I would strongly advise anyone to avoid this Hotel under its current management.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Grange H
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Since your stay in May the hotel has become part of the De Vere Venues portfolio and has gone through a major bedroom refurbishment with further changes to be made during the early part of 2014.
We have taken on board your other comments and where necessary new procedures and training have been implemented.
Once again, thank you for your review and we do hope you would consider a return visit to see the new look De Vere Venues Heythrop Park in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Chipping Norton hotels

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We went to a wedding at the adjoing Plaza hotel and decided to stay in the Heythrop Park hotel because it was alot cheaper and we were definitelyt not disapponted. The house and gardens are beautiful. We stayed in the Archer wing which had obviously been completely refurbished recently and the corridors and bedroom were very, very well decorated. The bedroom had a wet room which was nice and very clean. The bedroom decor was lovely, comfortable and clean. The breakfast buffet was great, everything you want for an English breakfast. The restaurant staff were wonderful, very attentive and helpful. It was a real pleasure to stay here and I would highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the Archer Wing.
2 Thank BeverlyJane
GMHeythrop, General Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you were pleased with the standard of the newly refurbished Archer Wing.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have been here with work (I'm pleased I wasn't having to pay). We had an event at the Crowne Plaza next door and a lot of work colleagues got to stay there and the rest of us stayed in this hotel. Whilst the building is very beautiful it needs a major overhaul inside the rooms. I stayed up some pokey corridor which you could hear everyone walking past as the floor must be light and hollow. The room was awful. Two tiny twin beds and dated decor. The bathroom was not much better with a tiny shower you can hardly move in. I've stayed in better Premier Inns. I rang for an iron and ironing board (each room in the Crowne Plaza has their own) and had to wait for them to bring it before I could get in the shower. I told reception I was meeting with everyone in 50 minutes. It arrived 40 minutes after me phoning and having to chase it up twice. Pay the extra and stay next door would be my advice.

Room Tip: Rooms at The Crowne Plaza
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NeilLiverpool
GMHeythrop, General Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are aware of the issues and have take measures to improve response times for guest requests.
In regard to the quality of rooms we are going through a major refurbishment of the bedroom and public areas. The first phase has now been completed and as part of this, all rooms now have iroining boards in them.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Lovely building.
Me and my husband always stay in De Ver hotel.
Breakfast buffet was nice
Nice staff
However there isn't clear signs to indicate the where the leisure facilities are.
Also there isn't clear sign posts around the hotel so you know where the bar is or the restaurant are.
The double rooms are very small and we was taken by surprise when we walked into our hotel room.
The outside ground are lovely and also the hotel provides a walking map which wasn't sign posted properly around the grounds so we ended up returning to the hotel as we didn't want to get lost.
We are returning back to the hotel in December with friends as we found a bargain for £45 a night including breakfast per room.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We are pleased overall you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will ensure the signage issues and maps are addressed.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipping Norton
The Oxford Belfry
The Oxford Belfry
#2 of 2 in Milton Common
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,620 reviews

Been to Heythrop Park Resort? Share your experiences!