We stayed at the De Vere Hotel for a family birthday and had 4 rooms in the Archer Wing. The rooms in the Archer Wing have all been recently been refurbished to a high standard (I'm not sure if the other wing is still used, it looked very shabby). Some minor housekeeping issues weren't resolved during our stay despite us reporting them on arrival, the hotel also seemed short staffed in some areas (reception). There was a real mix of service from very poor to excellent making it a bit of a Fawltly Towers experience! The hotel is in lovely grounds with a golf course and small health club. If you prefer modern hotels then go for the Crowne Plaza next door (reports from our family were that service seemed better there too). The hotels are connected so you can walk between the two. The local area is lovely, we ate at the Falkland Arms (Gt. Tew) and Whistlers (Chipping Norton) rather than dine in the hotel (the restaurant menu at the De Vere wasn't geared towards families).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heythrop Park Hotel is set in 440 acres of stunning Oxfordshire countryside and forms part of Heythrop Park Resort. The hotel is in a traditional 18th century mansion house and has access to the resort's extensive leisure facilities including an 18 hole championship golf course, spa and health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Heythrop Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heythrop Park Resort, Golf And Country Club
- Heythrop Park Resort, Golf & Country Club Hotel Chipping Norton
- Heythrop Park Hotel Country
- Heythrop Park Resort Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire