Lovely surroundings and the main building and grounds are very picturesque. We had a small twin room which was fine as we were only there one night to visit friends close by. Breakfast was not good, there was not enough staff to keep up with turn around of tables, fetch drinks and deal with enquiries etc. the hot food was in covered warming dishes but because there was so many people the lids were left off so food was cold! Scrambled eggs looked dry and over done, they ran out of fried eggs and I couldn't find anyone to ask for more so my food got even colder! Relatively speaking we didn't pay too much for our B&B but if I had paid the prices quoted on line or £20 pounds extra for breakfast (the price if not including at time of booking) I would have been extremely disappointed.
Wifi was a bit hit and miss.
We used the spa on the Sunday morning, the pool was nice and warm but very busy not relaxing at all, it was like a local pool in the school holidays. Children and adults leaping about playing and shouting! Not enough loungers. Sauna and steam room very nice. Shame there was no jacuzzi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heythrop Park Hotel is set in 440 acres of stunning Oxfordshire countryside and forms part of Heythrop Park Resort. The hotel is in a traditional 18th century mansion house and has access to the resort's extensive leisure facilities including an 18 hole championship golf course, spa and health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Heythrop Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heythrop Park Resort, Golf And Country Club
- Heythrop Park Resort, Golf & Country Club Hotel Chipping Norton
- Heythrop Park Hotel Country
- Heythrop Park Resort Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire