“Lovely Weekend Break!”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Chipping Norton
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Weekend Break!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed this weekend just gone (26.04.2014) and couldnt of been more impressed with the Venue and Service. Beautiful location with stunning grounds and for Golf fans an ideal setting to Tee Off!!
Check in was smooth and helpful we were shown to our room by a random member of staff who was walking past (ovciously we looked a little lost). Stayed in the newly refurbished Archer Wing - Gorgeous Modern facilities with lovely sized room, shower and bath and huge comfy bed with stunning views of the Mansion house from our window.
We ate dinner in the Brassery Restaurant and were blown away by the service from the Restaurant Supervisor Jake and his team, very warm on welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast served in the Terrace resaturant was also enjoyable, friendly staff and a great choice of food to set you up for the day. Overall a Fantastic experience and i would not hesitate to return or recommend to friends and family.

Thnak you Heythrop Park
Kate & Calum

Room Tip: Would highly recommmend a romo in the Archer wing.
1 Thank KateDobbo89

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My father and I stayed at Heythrop Park Hotel (De Vere property) on a special Easter value deal which was very competitive. I had heard this property wasn't a match on the nearby Crowne Plaza but they wanted £150 a night!

How surprised I was to find the hotel clean, modern and comfortable with reasonably sized twin bedroom and lovely bathroom/shower. They have clearly spent a bit of money on refurbishing the property and it works.

The reception desk is a let down but once through the main doors there is a huge lounge hall oozing the family history. The bar area is equally grand and a there is a beautiful restaurant although it does look very formal so might suit everyone. Prices for dinner and drinks are steep though.

Staff were very friendly and tried to help as much as possible.

On the negative front our room faced an unsightly skip which spoiled a good view of the 18th green of the golf course. Shame. Also, there is no air con so it could get very hot during the summer months although there is no noise outside during the night so an open window is an option.

My overall impression was very positive and for the price excellent value.

Room Tip: Try and get rooms nearer to reception. We stayed in the Archer's wing and it was quite a walk to...
1 Thank Steve M
Atherstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Heythrop Park. The grounds of the hotel are amazing and you are greeted with a stunning view as you drive upto the main reception. All of the staff were friendly and helpful and gave us detailed information about what was on offer at the hotel and within the grounds. The food was great , the 3 course evening meal was stunning! One member of the breakfast staff made my 4 year olds day , when she gave him on his 4th birthday a celebration cheesecake, it was a lovely personal touch. The bedroom we stayed in was in the Archer Wing and was huge for a family of four. The bathroom was almost as big as the bedroom and had a wonderful wet room and very relaxing bath with all the designer fittings.

The swimming pool and gym were fab, both of our children loved swimming in the pool. All in all a great few days.

Room Tip: As for a room in the Archer Wing!
2 Thank SarahGeog
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Visited here in Feb of this year and had a lovely time. Spent most of our time in the hotel and walking around the grounds.... very pleasant, had lovely spacious room - brill.
We decided to take my partners disabled mother here to stay two for days over the Easter weekend to give her a break.
However,she ended up in really small room with hardly any space to put her luggage. It was clean, I admit, but not satisfactory for a disabled lady. Our room was a twin room, but should have been only sold as a single as no space at all. I am only small and weigh eight stone but could hardly fit into the chair at at the bottom of my bed to the dressing table and see the TV. My partner could not even see the TV as it was not in vision,
No ironing board, no hair dryer!!! Not impressed at all. Had to call reception for ironing board and iron!!

I accept the place was busy but on checking out had to wait half an hour in reception because of there so many people arriving/leaving.

Restaurant menu quite mundane with limited choices so we ate out. Not good.

The surroundings are fantastic which did make up for the poor quality of our rooms but I feel reluctant now in recommending this venue agan.i

Breakfast (at £20 per head) is by far overpriced so I think you should look into this and re-consider what your guests are actually getting for their money.

I did intend inviting my family from Wales for a family re-union here in the summer but have now got second thoughts as you did not live up to our first experience .

It is a pity, as I gave you a first class review on my first visit which obviously you did not look at

Alison from Reading.
I

3 Thank alycat41

Travellers are raving about these Chipping Norton hotels

Cleobury Mortimer, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The whole experience was stunning, from the long two mile approach up to the main hotel, the grounds are superb and the attention to detail was complete, on arrival the staff were warm friendly and considerate, the knowledge of the history of the building was an unexpected bonus, for info, the hotel was busy with a wedding taking place. The room for three was very clean and what we expected, there was a "proper" bed for our 10 year old whom remarked that she had her own bed for a change, we only stayed one night, sadly, but the evening meal was very good, the whole dining experience was courteous and relaxed, the only moan I would make would be the lack of effort of dress code for some of the guests, whereas I don't call myself a snob, I do think it appropriate not to wear tee shirts and trainers for an evening meal ! The pool facilities wrote clean and the staff again very polite and friendly, we explored the grounds and found the whole experience a real comforting and relaxing treat, I have even considered rekindling my golf to return again in a position to enjoy this too, I would like to congratulate the maître d from "Redditch" who has an inspired passion for his work, we do plan to return in the near future and I would highly recommend this as an excellent short break, thank you to the team at Heythorp,

Room Tip: Enjoy your room, ours was wonderful
1 Thank Andy J
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We booked through super breaks but they actually had a better deal on their website..it is a lovely hotel which is actually 2 hotels one being a more modern addition to the main house, so it has a really different mix of old and new. We stayed in the Archer wing which has been updated recently very modern if a bit bland. The real gem of this hotel is the staff, without exception they were all really friendly and efficient and all seemed to be enjoying their work. If you passed someone in the hall they smiled and said hello/good morning etc. Very happy atmosphere. Nothing too much trouble. Grounds are stunning... we ate in the main restaurant and the food was excellent. We also ate in the brassy bar for a fantastic club sandich. My husband had a steak sandwich but the steak was not great so we sent it back and the staff could not have apologised more and the replacement meal was excellent and they also gave us complementary drinks which was such great customer service! So I would definitely recommend this hotel and will return for another stay.

Room Tip: Archer rooms very nice, newly refubished but would loved to have stayed in the posh rooms in the mai...
2 Thank Liz L
Dorset
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Lovely surroundings and the main building and grounds are very picturesque. We had a small twin room which was fine as we were only there one night to visit friends close by. Breakfast was not good, there was not enough staff to keep up with turn around of tables, fetch drinks and deal with enquiries etc. the hot food was in covered warming dishes but because there was so many people the lids were left off so food was cold! Scrambled eggs looked dry and over done, they ran out of fried eggs and I couldn't find anyone to ask for more so my food got even colder! Relatively speaking we didn't pay too much for our B&B but if I had paid the prices quoted on line or £20 pounds extra for breakfast (the price if not including at time of booking) I would have been extremely disappointed.
Wifi was a bit hit and miss.
We used the spa on the Sunday morning, the pool was nice and warm but very busy not relaxing at all, it was like a local pool in the school holidays. Children and adults leaping about playing and shouting! Not enough loungers. Sauna and steam room very nice. Shame there was no jacuzzi.

1 Thank MJW101
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,655 reviews
The Falkland Arms
The Falkland Arms
#1 of 1 in Great Tew

Been to Heythrop Park Resort? Share your experiences!