“Works meeting, all day event!”

Heythrop Park Resort
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Chipping Norton
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Works meeting, all day event!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I attend this venue yesterday (2.7.14)
Work had booked one of the rooms for our meeting and lunch was provided during the day event.

The building is full of character, charm and is impressive. You find yourself looking at the ceiling patterns and patterns in the stone work.

The part the meetings held in is modern contemporary still.

Tea coffee section, help yourself machines make lattes and so forth, different syrups to add to you coffee.
Choice of breakfast pastries, porridge, flapjacks, biscuits and sweets along with various other items.

Food at lunch time is buffet style not much choice, a few different mains and salad bar, a desert section along with fresh fruit. Nice food nothing to complain about.

Only bad point staff didnt explain very well where to get to certain parts of the building, perhaps would be best if were given some kind of floor plan.

Overall lovely place and id be tempted to return for a weekend spa break, which I noticed they do.

They also have large golf range.

Note mobile signal is not very good at all, however im sure people can survive with intermittent service.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
GMHeythrop, Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear ZippySar82

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your visit to Heythrop Park on the 2nd of July for your works event.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed the facilities and ambiance of Heythrop Park. Your valued feedback has been duly noted.

We have a wide range of Spa packages available and please do feel free to contact our reservations department direct and they will gladly discuss your needs and ensure your reservation is made on your behalf and that you are looked after.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Heythrop Park in the very near future.

Kind regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Stanford le Hope
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went back to this hotel to see my daughter who lives and works nearby. Since our last visit a wing of the hotel has been refurbished, and although the rooms are fairly small they are ideal for one ot two day break. The bed was very comfortable and the shower room had been converted to a wet room with an excellent shower. The only thing that let the hotel down this visit was the breakfast. We came down about 8.30 so there was still and hour and a half to spare, but they had run out of bacon. After dishing up some of the hot buffet breakfast, when we got to the eggs there were none left, and we had to wait a considerable time before 4 eggs were brought out to us. The juice was room temperature, and the tea was warm and insipid. All in all a big let down and when we left the breakfast room, the duty manager had vanished so we could not complain. This is our 4th visit to this hotel, and the breakfast is usually a strong point. We will return in view of it's proximity (less than a mile) to our daughter's place of work and residence

Room Tip: Rooms in Archer Wing with a '0' after the first number face the golf course rooms with a ...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JamesH

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your 4th visit to Heythrop Park.

I am delighted that overall over you enjoyed your visit and found the newly refurbished Archer rooms to be comfortable.

Your feedback regarding the breakfast has been passed on to the Head Chef and Food & Beverage Manager and we sincerely apologise for any disappointment. I would like to assure you that the service you received is certainly not typical of the excellent hospitality we usually offer.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Heythrop Park for your 5th visit in the near future.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

16 members of our golf society played 27 holes here with a lunch and evening food package. The price was more than we normally play and we were expecting great things according to their website.
First of all the location is fantastic and I really like the golf course however it could be a "great course" with some TLC. One of the greens had been dug up by rabbits and needed some serious TLC whilst others needed mowing as they were to long. As I said the setting is great but it lacks the TLC that other courses have.
There is no clubhouse as such just a modern bar area shared with the leisure facilities. We had soggy chips and sandwiches for lunch that we ate on our laps followed by an evening meal that was less than perfect.
First of all we had to arrange the tables ourselves for 16 of us, even then 5 of our group had to sit in a cubicle on their own. The tables were covered in old glasses with no cutlery, no salt and pepper and no glasses.
We had pate to start with not enough toast and had to ask for cutlery. We then had to serve ourselves to soggy chips (again) and a very watery chicken and ham pie with salad.
Their was not enough trained staff and they certainly did not know how to deal with a society group. The drinks are also expensive with Hotel type prices.
We will be formally writing to the course to explain the events of the day. As a golf society a venue best avoided.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Russ999rocket

Thank you for your recent review following your golf society event at Heythrop Park.

I am most sorry to read that you were overall disappointed with some aspects of your stay and sincerely apologise to you and your members for any disappointment.

Although the service you received is certainly not typical of the excellent hospitality we strive to achieve we are also always looking at ways to improve our wonderful facilities and service to our guests. Your feedback is invaluable to us and if you would be kind enough to contact the hotel direct we would gladly talk through your feedback in more detail.

I do hope that perhaps you and your members would be kind enough to visit us again so that we can demonstrate our usual high standards.

Travellers are raving about these Chipping Norton hotels

england
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I had a 2 night mid week stay at a very reasonable price, via a discount site. Our deal included a double room, breakfast, 3 course dinner on the first night, a massage and facial each at the spa, and late checkout at 2pm.
We loved every minute!. The room in the Archer wing, though on the small side was clean, nicely decorated, and had a flat screen TV with multiple channels.
The food was excellent, so much so, that we happily booked to eat there on the second night.Our first night, we ate in the Brassey in Crowne Plaza - Thank you Jamie for your excellent service. The decor is great there. The second evening was the terrace restuarant, still lovely but not quite as classy.
The stunning grounds were wonderful - a haven for wildlife. We went for long walks. and lunchtime picnics, and never left the place for our entire stay. We did not play golf, but I am sure golfing enthusiasts would love it.
The spa is to be recommended. I was not a fan of massage - but I am now! So relaxing.
The house is stunning, with newspapers in the main hall every morning, and comfy couches around every corner to chill on.
The few tiny problems we encountered were dealt with swiftly and efficiaently by the staff, and nothing was too much trouble.
I would love to go again and thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear mumsybears

Thank you for your recent trip advisor review.

I am delighted that overall you and your husband enjoyed your recent visit to Heythrop Park and your kind comments and invaluable feedback have been passed on to the relevant teams including the wonderful feedback about the service you received from Jamie and the excellent food and spa experience.

We all look forward to welcomig you both back to Heythrop Park for another relaxing visit in the near future.

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I recently stayed at Heythrop park with my family as a 60th birthday treat for my mother-in-law. Upon arrival our family room looked very clean and comfortable, but then we turned on the light to the bathroom to be meet with a very loud noise from the extractor fan. After pointing this out to reception they told us that all fans in the hotel were noisy and would stay on for about 20 minutes. We then took our girls to the swimming pool which was again very nice and clean. Evening meal was booked for the Brassy Restaurant and the food and staff very good. Now back to our room. There seemed to be a party going on in the next room and we could hear them through the walls and at one point I had to ask 2 blokes outside of our room to move on as they were just stood there talking very loud. This seem to continue until about 2am with doors being banged and people shouting and talking very loud in the corridor as they walked passed. Then about 7am this started to continue again, therefore a very bad night sleep was had by all. Breakfast was again in the Brassy which was very good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Darren B
Dear Darren B

Thank you for your recent review following your visit to Heythrop Park in June.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed the facilities of our extensive venue. However, I was most sorry to read that you were stay was disturbed by the noise from the extractor fan and then fellow guests and I sincerely apologise for any disappointment.

We do not condone loud or unsociable behaviour and had our night team been made aware that the noise was excessive then they would have acted immediately to ensure all noise levels were kept to a minimum.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Heythrop Park when on request a quite room can be allocated.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were very excited to see the hotel and the grandeur. We had a great deal so weren't expecting amazing things but were very disappointed. Our room was miles away from anything - along dark corridors, up stairs, round corners, down stairs, more long corridors. Even with the map we struggled. Once there we found a small room, one pillow each, damp stains on wall, poor bedroom furniture, squishy bed, rotten windows, tiny shower, poor soundproofing and more. Despite the beautiful location, I feel that they could do much much better. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Not the Shrewsbury wing
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear biseyb

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor following your recent visit to Heythrop Park.

I am most sorry to read that you were disappointed with your visit to Heythrop Park. Had we been made aware at the time that you were unhappy with your room we could certainly have looked to see if there were any of our refurbished Archer wing rooms available or indeed the Mansion House.

The rooms in the Shrewsbury wing are good value for money especially as they also include full use of the leisure facilities, the wonderful 400+ acres of grounds and the splendiour of the Mansion House to relax in.

Of course I fully appreciate your valued feedback and your concerns have been duly noted.

I do hope that you would be kind enough to reconsider and visit us again and perhaps stay in one of the Archer bedrooms. Please feel free to contact our reservations department directly and they will gladly discuss your reservation requirements to ensure that you enjoy your stay.

Koog aan de Zaan, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were lucky to spend several times at Heythrop Park. Every stay was just perfect, btw we did not come to play golf. We stayed in the DeVere hotel. We stayed one week in a double room in the Archer wing. A very comfy room with all facilities. The only thing I did not like was that the windows did not open. Otherwise perfectly comfy. Then we stayed a few weeks later in the Shrewsbury wing (the less expensive rooms). The room was 3 times smaller than the previous one, but the windows could open which was nice. Unfortunately the bed was not very comfy, it was small. However I was ok with it as I can adapt easily. However since my partner had really slept badly he asked for another room and we were given a suite in the main building! A wonderful enormous suite with huge bathroom overlooking the terrace and front gardens. That was a lovely treat and so sweet of the young lady at reception. The breakfast staff also were particularly helpful and friendly. The staff at the health club also. I used the pool every day, wonderful wonderful pool, I was lucky that I often was the only one there, and I also used the steam room and the sauna each time. I walked the grounds each day and had a lovely high tea which the chef prepared specially to my vegetarian taste. I have nothing but compliments for this wonderful hotel and also want to thank housekeeping since the girls were lovely. Thank you Heythrop we will return !

Room Tip: choose Archer over Shrewsbury
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Udaya c

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor following your wonferful stay at Heythrop Park.

I am delighted that you thoroughlly enjoyed your stay and that on both visits you were looked after by the wonderful team. Your kind feedback has been passed on to the Managers and departments.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Heythrop for another lovely stay in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipping Norton
#1 of 6 in Woodstock
Jurys Inn Oxford
Jurys Inn Oxford
#7 of 44 in Oxford

Been to Heythrop Park Resort? Share your experiences!