We had an amazing couple of nights here with two children. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room (Papillon in the mansion house) was gorgeous with fantastic views all round from the huge windows (even from the loo!) the grounds are beautiful and we went on the two mile walk. The kids enjoyed playing games on the lawn, but their favourite thing was swimming. I enjoyed the steam room and sauna. We all enjoyed dinner and breakfast. There was a lovely fire in the entrance hall in the evening and a nice bar and billiards room. What a lovely find. They link to the crown plaza next door and you can take the kids there to watch a film in one of the conference rooms they give pop corn and juice. I imagine the poor reviews are due to people booking the standard rooms and feeling a bit fed up they were not in one of the mansion house rooms! We bought the kids scooters with us and they liked scooting along the small roads around the grounds. Be prepared to pay, it is expensive, but is was worth it. You only live once.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heythrop Park Hotel is set in 440 acres of stunning Oxfordshire countryside and forms part of Heythrop Park Resort. The hotel is in a traditional 18th century mansion house and has access to the resort's extensive leisure facilities including an 18 hole championship golf course, spa and health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Heythrop Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heythrop Park Resort, Golf And Country Club
- Heythrop Park Resort, Golf & Country Club Hotel Chipping Norton
- Heythrop Park Hotel Country
- Heythrop Park Resort Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire