We booked the hotel on late rooms for £45 and were amazed at the bargain we got until we looked at Tripadvisor and nearly cancelled it!
We decided to go ahead as the Thai Shire restaurant in Chipping Norton is one of our most favourite restaurants and we didn't want to miss out!
The drive up to the hotel from the main road is over a mile long and whilst beautiful some of the buildings are a little hideous and not in keeping with the rest of the grounds.
We were in Falcon wing which i think is where all the cheap rooms are, it smelt a bit fusty in the entrance but the bedroom was very clean and nicely presented and better than a travelodge! We were not disturbed by other guests and it was very quiet.
I assume the reason the hotel is cheap at the mo is that the 9 hole golf course is closed and being made into an 18 hole course and the leisure club is being refurbished so it is closed. However the grounds are beautiful and worth a wander round.
We didn't eat at the hotel, but saw that 2 courses were £16.95 and three courses £19.95, there was a supplement of about £2.95 for lamb and £5.95 for steak, no veggie options though. If you want to go into chipping norton it is approx £14 for a taxi and needs to be booked in advance as they get busy.
All in all for £45 including breakfast it was a bargain!
This place will be amazing when it has been fully refurbished.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heythrop Park Hotel is set in 440 acres of stunning Oxfordshire countryside and forms part of Heythrop Park Resort. The hotel is in a traditional 18th century mansion house and has access to the resort's extensive leisure facilities including an 18 hole championship golf course, spa and health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Heythrop Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heythrop Park Resort, Golf And Country Club
- Heythrop Park Resort, Golf & Country Club Hotel Chipping Norton
- Heythrop Park Hotel Country
- Heythrop Park Resort Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire