“What a little gem!”
Review of Fairytale Farm

Fairytale Farm
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Children will love Fairytale Farm - a sensory and learning wonderland for all the family. With our exciting adventure playground, an enchanted walk with a surprise around every corner and a chance to meet our amazing animals, there is so much to see and do. Everything is designed to be as disabled-friendly as possible so we welcome children of all abilities.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Banbury, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“What a little gem!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We visited Fairytale Farm yesterday afternoon with my fiance's 5 year old girl and we had an awesome day! If you are expecting Alton Towers then you will be disappointed but if you want somewhere local where your children can run around to their hearts content, playing and seeing some wonderful animals you can't go wrong here. Entrance fee is minimal (£5 for adults, £4.75 for little 'uns but I think under 3's are free) and I have to admit, I'm not sure where else we can spend £15 and get 4 hours of a child being thoroughly amused so great value for money. We went during the Alien Invasion weekend so that was great (little one particularly enjoyed the Dalek singing Let It Go to her!) and we adults found it really hard to tear ourselves away from the animals :) The owners and staff are around and we spent ages talking to them and getting information about the animals - never have I been somewhere the staff are so friendly and welcoming! Do go and see the pigs because they are amazing and they love a nose scritch and will talk to you to get attention, its brilliant! A huge, huge plus for me is that most of the animals are rescued or donated to the farm and they are now so well loved it really shows (I'm not a fan of zoo's on the whole so this is fab to see).

You can buy an annual pass and for us as locals this is probably what we will do because the little one loved the playground and I'm hoping to smuggle Winston and Edgar the pigs out so an annual pass and a very big handbag are on the cards! ;)

Do give this place a try if you are in the vicinity, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Hayley K
Nick L, Owner at Fairytale Farm, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you so much for your review, which we enjoyed reading. We do think that we are the best value day out in the area, and certainly one of the cheapest farm parks in the country. Thanks also for commenting that our animals are well loved - we do think that shows as our visitors comment that they are all very friendly.

We hope to see you again soon, and we are adding new attractions all the time. Our new Mouse Town attraction is proving to be a big hit.

• Polish first
Banbury, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A nice day out”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This was the second time I have visited the Farm (the first was very soon after it first opened a year ago) and it has improved over the year. Our 2 year old had a fantastic time exploring the different sensory areas - the water dam area was a real hit on a hot day! The animals are well cared for and have a nice area to roam and we had fun feeding the chickens with the food we bought for 50p from the front entrance. The best part for us though was the seating area which had a huge array of toys to suit all age ranges and the cafe was so reasonably priced! I really think this venture deserves support and special mention for the way they cater for ALL families - including those with physical disabilities.

1 Thank Sally W
Nick L, Owner at Fairytale Farm, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your nice review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our animals and that you thought they are well cared for, which is something our team works very hard to achieve. We hope you come back and see us a third time!
Stratford Armouries
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Our 11 & 13 year old boys loved it!!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stumbled across Fairytale Farm on a beautiful, baking Sunday afternoon. Out for a drive with our two boys we spotted the company's sign off the A40 - whilst on our way to Oxford. Amidst numerous grunts and groans of "Why are we going here....it's for toddlers" - we managed to persuade them inside.

Upon entry there is a basic (we understand temporary - as there are plans in the pipeline to build a new one) but very very friendly reception, cafe and shop. The cafe has a really nice atmosphere and feels as though you can just 'relax' with a nice cup of tea - and not worry if the kids make a noise - and this we did at the end of our visit! The admission was very reasonable considering there are so many wonderful things to see.

Mouseland (which is at the start of the journey through the farm) is enchanting - and a really interesting idea. The boys loved watching the little mice run in and out of the (model) mock tudor buildings - it was hard to drag them away. We then wandered along a little path with mini buildings either side. These housed traditional fairy tale characters and items from Little Red Riding hood, Sleeping Beauty and The three bears - all of which spoke at the push of a button......how easily the boys were pulled back to an enjoyable place in time!

We then wandered through a sensory garden which wasn't quite finished but you could see what the owners had in mind - it's all very imaginative - will be of great benefit and inspiration to younger children - and also, we suspect, children with disabilities. Our journey took us through a small park with a wonderfully large swing - the boys bathed and rocked around to their hearts content - again it was difficult to move them on to the really super animal sanctuary at the end of the farm. This was full of the sweetest animals - all of which were full of true character! The baby rabbits are straight from a Beatrix Potter novel - and the boys were desperate to handle them - (They did get to do this later as they ended up helping the owner put them away - but I do understand there are times when handling does take place); the alpaca's were real characters and unusually friendly and funny - especially when offering them food! The two donkey's are a dream and the Shetland ponies adorable.....and the pigs - well what can I say - it was just really, really difficult to tear ourselves away. There were other animals there too - some quite rare.

We really do take our hat off to the owners, they are clearly working very hard to make Fairytale Farm live up to its name - 'a wonderful dream for children'. It is. The best thing about the day was our boys becoming children 'once more' - the gadgets were pushed aside and we re-connected as a family. Thank you for a lovely day - we will be back!

3 Thank James W
Nick L, Owner at Fairytale Farm, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you very much for your review and we are delighted you enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you again soon.
Oxford, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent for both disabled & able children”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

If you have a disabled child & a able bodied child you are looking for the right place here it is...

Friendly young staff inside the entrance & cafe - clean
Good light menu / snacks, even an area to buy a toy!

Outside, is a wonderful experience of sensory / touch things to do, including a swing for a wheelchair. Lots of small animals like pigs, chickens & donkeys

To much to list

Go & try it for yourself, you won't be disappointed

Visited June 2014
1 Thank deaf2705
Nick L, Owner at Fairytale Farm, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your review. It is so nice to hear that Fairytale Farm worked well for you, which is exactly why we built the place. Your review really made our day. Thank you.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“New favourite place in Oxfordshire!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Excellent day out- really good value and lots of fun.
I visited midweek during term time with my 23 month old and 3.5 year old girls. There were only about 5 other families in which meant that we didn't have to queue and could explore to our hearts content.
I loved the play area in the restaurant, it was a very hot sunny day and it was nice to have somewhere cool for the girls to play whilst I had a coffee after our very reasonably priced, good quality, fresh lunch.
I love the enchanted sensory walk, my girls have spent all afternoon reminding me about the mermaid, the "spider" (I think it was a bee...) and the giant camera. Couldn't get the girls off the water play area with ease and I'm pretty sure my 9 year old son will LOVE that when he comes next time.
Play area is great, girls loved storybook castle and the swing was fab. Duck race was brill, great fun for me and the girls, I can see that getting pretty competetive when my partner joins us for the next trip.
The highlight is definitely the animals- we bought 6 bags of different sorts of food so that we could feed all the animals (£3) which was great. All the animals were friendly, looked well cared for, in large clean pens. Lots of gorgeous chicks, ducks and other birds (guinea fowl I think!) The highlights for us were the baby bunnies, the hilarious 3 little pigs and the gorgeous, friendly, fabulous goats. I was confused initially about the layout but once I realised that there is a designated route which if you follow means you can get close up to each pen, was perfect. I love the subtle hints to the fairy tale stuff within the animals section- anything more might detract from the lovely animals though...
The three sections of the farm are separated with gates. I didn't take a pushchair but it wasn't a problem as is safe for the little ones and they can't ever get too far from you.
A lot of work is clearly underway ( I enjoyed the 7 dwarves sign explaining the works) so I'm interested to see what is in store for this farm in the future.
A couple of suggestions for improvements- the wash hands facility is too high for the little ones to wash their hands- a stool or box to stand on would be greatly appreciated and some shade available in the outdoor play area would be great.
The staff were lovely and friendly, eager to help and welcoming.

All in all a fantastic, unpretentious, easy and good value day trip (3 hours). Highly recommended.

1 Thank Natalie G
Nick L, Owner at Fairytale Farm, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely, detailed review. We are delighted that you enjoyed all the different areas of Fairytale Farm. A lot of our visitors tell us that they can't drag their kids away from the water play, and the rubber duck racing. There is something about water! We think our animals are the highlight too - something different to see every day.

Thanks for your suggestion about a stool or box for the little ones in the hand wash building. We will look into that.

Thanks again for your review and do come back again soon as we are adding new features all the time.