“Excellent!”

Spice of India
Price range: US$1 - US$49
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Spice of India in Chipping Norton, Oxon, Oxfordshire is the best restaurant in Oxon has long been recognized as one of the finest dining experiences in the Oxon & Oxfordshire area and the stunning restaurant on 6 West Street has only served to raise the bar when it comes to the very best Indian food in the most beautiful of surroundings. The new space enthralls with its exquisite decor and intimate atmosphere whilst the menu showcases the best of Indian food using an exciting blend of the ingredients & spices.
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Called in on way back from a family visit and were made very welcome. Excellent food, some of the best I've had. Very good value too. Will definitely go back if in the area.

1  Thank Ceejay47

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Was in Chipping Norton on Monday evening and looking for an Italian restaurant. When one could not be found decided to try an Indian and chanced upon this one. It was our good fortune that they do a Monday night special For £9.95 you get a starter, a main meal a side dish and choice of desert or coffee. The food turned up and it was full sized portions and cooked extremely well. We also opted for a bottle of red which was about £6 less than I would have expected to pay. I would say well worth a visit on any day but Monday has to be the best option if you're watching the pennies.

1  Thank Barton-7
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Previous experiences have been excellent but this time was a real let down.
Staff were ok on arrival but very disorganised took to long to get a drink and order, when we did make our order they forgot things and kept forgetting us then repeating in between courses it was coming. Food was dry and poppadoms were stale, main was good for fiancé but I really didnt know what I was eating and the pilau rice was not at all! The same music on repeat including Christmas songs! Arguements at front desk between staff and took 3 attempts to get the bill on which was over priced for what we had and got the excuse of it being busy which 2/3's of the place was empty! Baileys was the only plus at the end but had gone past caring and couldnt wait to leave. When we asked to take the remains home the best dish was left out and ended up chucking it all away. Will not be returning for a very long time.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I had a meal at the Spice of India, Chipping Norton, on a Thurday evening. The restaurant was quiet but the food was good and the staff pleasant and attentive. Would go back.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Me and my family visited Spice of India as a table of four. The service is brilliant, all members of staff are delightful, friendly but not intruding. We each had a curry, two of us like it hot and the other too not so much. I must say, I had the garlic chilli tikka and it was very spicey but delicious so do take note of the spice warnings on the menu! Reasonably priced for the area and no service charge. It was a Sunday night and there was only another table of three dining, so I hope it gets busier at other times. We shall return!

1  Thank btraveller186233