“Everything you want from a B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Paddock

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Henley-on-Thames
The Paddock
London, United Kingdom
“Everything you want from a B&B”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I'll keep this short. Big room, comfy bed, nice en-suite with good hot shower, huge and excellent breakfast, free wi-fi and walking distance to the town centre. £85 seems a reasonable price for such quality.

What more could you want? A friendly hostess? Well, you're in luck on that score too.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rob99Wales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We chose The Paddock for our annual 1 night reunion of a group of female school friends. Our expectations were high after reading the Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Jane is a wonderful host: extremely welcoming and keen to help in anyway she can, but not at all intrusive. She was also very helpful prior to our visit in recommending walks and restaurants to suit us. The rooms were lovely and unusual in layout. Jane has added many little thoughtful touches, explained in detail by other reviewers, to add to the whole experience. The breakfast was delicious and very relaxed, so we were able to take our time and savour the treat. Jane was extremely thoughtful in the way she managed the timings for breakfast to accommodate us and the family who were also staying.
The Paddock is definitely one of the best, if not the best, B&B we have stayed in as a group. a huge thank you to Jane!

Room Tip: All rooms we saw were very good. Family room is especially spacious and has a great layout.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank E M
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed at The Paddock for 2 nights while moving in to my new house in Henley. Part of my reason for choosing it was the universally positive Tripadvisor ratings, something which is relatively unusual in my experience. That said, I am very happy to add my "Excellent" to the list. The Paddock was as close to perfection as I could have hoped to experience. It started with the warm welcome from Jane when I arrived, continued with the room ("Emily"), which was equipped with everything I could have wanted - wifi, freeview TV channels, tea, coffee and a delicious range of biscuits, mineral water, comfy double bed, fluffy towels, en suite bathroom with lovely toiletries and bath as well as shower - I could go on, but I need to talk about breakfast. Oh, the breakfast! It is served family style around a big table in a family dining room. There is lots of information available about Henley on Thames to peruse over your meal, if you can take your mind off the food! Fresh fruits, juice, a great selection of cereals, yoghurts, delicious bread to toast as you like it, and cooked breakfast choices, by which I mean you can go for the full English, or just have a few slices of bacon to make yourself a bacon sandwich if that is your fancy. One of the best B and Bs I have ever stayed in. I have no hesitation in wholeheartedly recommending The Paddock to Tripadvisor travellers. The only thing that will stop me visiting again is that I now live in Henley!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank maggiavelli
Preston
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Paddock for 2 nights during a business trip. I cannot fault this lovely little B&B from cleanliness to the amazing breakfasts in the morning. Jane & Mike go out of their way to ensure your stay with them is comfortable and pleasant, whilst giving you enough privacy to forget that you are actually staying in their family home.

Little touches were very much appreciated such as tea and cake on arrival and fresh bottled water in my room. Will definitely be returning later in the year.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Mike W
Adelaide
Reviewed 23 July 2013

On our first visit to Henley on Thames 5 years ago we stayed in a lovely old B&B facing the river, however I could not locate this when searching TripAdvisor last year so we opted for "The Paddock" which turned out to be not far around the corner in a very good location within 5-10 minutes walk of the town centre. On our arrival (on quite a hot day) we were greeted by Jane who immediately offered us a cold drink. Our room upstairs was well equipped, although fairly hot, sitting beneath the roof and a west facing window, however the fan provided meant that we slept well at night. Jane's breakfasts were great, not to mention her friendliness and willingness to provide advice on where to eat etc. the night before we left we were treated to an outdoor movie along with their friends and neighbours in their back garden. This is a great place to stay in Henley on Thames.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DavidPAdelaide
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We really felt at home. Jane made us feel very welcome. Everything was perfect. The room was comfortable and large enough to spread out in. Bottled water and snacks in the room There was a living room that was a perfect place to sit and read or relax. A beautiful garden with patio furniture made a lovely place to sit outside. Fresh coffee was always available in the kitchen. We had the downstairs bedroom which has a bath across the hall; I found the shower a bit small, but I'm pretty big. The location is very nice. Just far enough from the town and train station that none of the commotion reaches you (even during regatta week). If you are coming from Heathrow, the tube and train are not very convenient. Jane put put us in touch with a local taxi company that brought us from the airport for only a few pounds more than the tube and train fares would have been. If you're driving there is plenty of off street parking. The breakfast is fantastic: full English, fruit and berries, yogurt, assorted bread, assorted cereal, juice, and all very good. Jane was very accommodating with the hours We recommend the Paddock unequivocally. If we are back in Henley, this is where we will stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kush23435
Teddington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I was a bit nervous about a home-style b and b having had a previous bad experience, however, The Paddock reminded me of what makes these English gems so special.

Jane was very welcoming without being in any way intrusive. She made me tea and cake on arrival. There was also tea and coffee making facilities in the room as well as lots of biccies and water bottles. The room was fine - spacious, clean, comfortable bed - everything you'd need.

Best bit is breakfast - it included massive, quality cooked breakfast and fresh bowl of berries. It's worth going back for!

Only suggestion is maybe to put locks on bedroom doors which they don't have because it's a family home. It was OK for me as I didn't have anything of value but others may feel more comfortable with them.

Would thoroughly recommend.