“Great B&B with excellent room facilities”
Review of The Paddock

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Henley-on-Thames
The Paddock
Wellington, United Kingdom
“Great B&B with excellent room facilities”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Spent one night here in the large family room (a free upgrade) whilst attending a party locally. Very easy to locate and just a short walk from the Thames and Henley centre. The room has some wonderful features: an adjustable massaging bed, a whirlpool bath and a balcony. What a lovely welcoming touch to be given tea and flapjack on the balcony, on arrival.

The breakfast was amazing with cereals, toast, fruit and yoghurt as well as a full English. Jane was an excellent host and made us feel very welcome.

I would definitely stay here again if we were in the area, and highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 574ejones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at The Paddock for three nights for my 70th birthday weekend, with the younger members of our family, including our 2 year old grandson, joining us for two nights in an adjoining room. The whole experience was a delightful one which helped to make the weekend memorable. Jane was extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful. The Paddock retains the atmosphere of a relaxed family home, yet guests are very well provided for, both in the rooms and at breakfast. The full English breakfast was beautifully cooked, while the fresh summer fruits and warm danish pastries were delicious. The location, five minutes' walk on quiet streets to the town centre, is very convenient, and being set back from the road, the gravel drive provides plenty of parking space.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank David W
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed for 24 hours whilst visiting friends. Jane and michael are charming hosts and most welcoming. Breakfast was outstanding. House is a short walk from Henley town centre. Would recommend whole heartedly

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank David C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I'll keep this short. Big room, comfy bed, nice en-suite with good hot shower, huge and excellent breakfast, free wi-fi and walking distance to the town centre. £85 seems a reasonable price for such quality.

What more could you want? A friendly hostess? Well, you're in luck on that score too.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rob99Wales
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We chose The Paddock for our annual 1 night reunion of a group of female school friends. Our expectations were high after reading the Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Jane is a wonderful host: extremely welcoming and keen to help in anyway she can, but not at all intrusive. She was also very helpful prior to our visit in recommending walks and restaurants to suit us. The rooms were lovely and unusual in layout. Jane has added many little thoughtful touches, explained in detail by other reviewers, to add to the whole experience. The breakfast was delicious and very relaxed, so we were able to take our time and savour the treat. Jane was extremely thoughtful in the way she managed the timings for breakfast to accommodate us and the family who were also staying.
The Paddock is definitely one of the best, if not the best, B&B we have stayed in as a group. a huge thank you to Jane!

Room Tip: All rooms we saw were very good. Family room is especially spacious and has a great layout.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank E M
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed at The Paddock for 2 nights while moving in to my new house in Henley. Part of my reason for choosing it was the universally positive Tripadvisor ratings, something which is relatively unusual in my experience. That said, I am very happy to add my "Excellent" to the list. The Paddock was as close to perfection as I could have hoped to experience. It started with the warm welcome from Jane when I arrived, continued with the room ("Emily"), which was equipped with everything I could have wanted - wifi, freeview TV channels, tea, coffee and a delicious range of biscuits, mineral water, comfy double bed, fluffy towels, en suite bathroom with lovely toiletries and bath as well as shower - I could go on, but I need to talk about breakfast. Oh, the breakfast! It is served family style around a big table in a family dining room. There is lots of information available about Henley on Thames to peruse over your meal, if you can take your mind off the food! Fresh fruits, juice, a great selection of cereals, yoghurts, delicious bread to toast as you like it, and cooked breakfast choices, by which I mean you can go for the full English, or just have a few slices of bacon to make yourself a bacon sandwich if that is your fancy. One of the best B and Bs I have ever stayed in. I have no hesitation in wholeheartedly recommending The Paddock to Tripadvisor travellers. The only thing that will stop me visiting again is that I now live in Henley!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank maggiavelli
Preston
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Paddock for 2 nights during a business trip. I cannot fault this lovely little B&B from cleanliness to the amazing breakfasts in the morning. Jane & Mike go out of their way to ensure your stay with them is comfortable and pleasant, whilst giving you enough privacy to forget that you are actually staying in their family home.

Little touches were very much appreciated such as tea and cake on arrival and fresh bottled water in my room. Will definitely be returning later in the year.

• Stayed July 2013