This is a very nice property in a beautiful town. My room (205) overlooked the Thames. The rooms are slightly dated but that was part of the charm of this Inn. Breakfast was included and was great. The hotel staff worked hard to make sure our stay was superb. Shops, restaurants and pubs are all within walking distance. There is a church next to the hotel that was built in the 1100's. Worth a look if you enjoy architecture. Overall, I hope to return to Henley someday and would definetely book the Red Lion again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the River Thames and the tranquil green fields beyond, The Red Lion Hotel, Henley-on-Thames offers the most sought after location in the heart of one of Southern England's most beautiful and affluent market towns. It is also home to the most expensive home outside London.With four spacious banqueting and conference suites and thirty-nine individually designed bedrooms, each with its own unique history and character, The Red Lion offers over 600 years of experience in service to some of the country’s most prominent figures.Superbly located just two minutes from the market square, The Red Lion rests just five minutes from the Henley Railway Station and a short drive to the M4 and M40 motorways allowing for excellent access to London and the surrounding areasOur dining room offers an outstanding menu, using only the finest seasonal and local ingredients.Our unique wedding suites make this the ideal venue for weddings and civil ceremonies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Red Lion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Lion Hotel Henley-On-Thames
- Red Lion Henley On Thames
- Henley-On-Thames Red Lion