“Massive portion, fish not fresh, poor customer service”
Review of The Henley Brew House - CLOSED

The Henley Brew House
Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Henley Brew House is a contemporary English pub with amazing food, great home-brewed ales, and a relaxed atmosphere. Whether you're looking for quick pint, 3 course meal, special food events, or family lunch, we aim to tailor every dining experience to the individual customer.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a great place to go and drink. It's got plenty of atmosphere, and a great interior and it's always busy at the bar.

But that's where I'd leave it though. I've given it a couple of goes as a place to eat, and just wouldn't chose to go again. I've been underwhelmed each time. When I complained that my seabass wasn't fresh (it definitely wasn't as my husband's been catching them since he was a boy, and confirmed my suspisions), they offered me a free desert and still charged me for the meal. Left feeling a bit miffed with the way it was dealt with.

2  Thank Eleanor P

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Visited this place again as my fiancé & I can't seem to stay away from it!

The building is the former Henley Police station; where my Dad worked as a dog handler when I was a child.

The staff are always friendly & attentive, and on this visit a young bar man made us feel particularly welcome - can't remember his name, sorry! - and was fascinated by my memories of the building in its past life as a police station!

Well definitely be back again soon!

1  Thank Gail F
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife and I were passing by and called in to check out this establishment.The welcome from the staff behind the bar was so warm and inviting that we ended up staying here for the rest of the evening.They brew their own beer on the premises and we were invited to sample all of them.The standard of customer service here is very high.There is a delightful young lady manager ("Christy") with an excellent team of young staff members.We could not fault any of the service and all the staff were very professional,pleasant and highly attentive to all the needs of their customers.Although the bar and restaurant were very busy on the Saturday night we visited, the service remained consistently high.We enjoyed our drinks and the manageress was very accommodating in making a table available for us to eat later on.The menu was highly individual. The standard of food and service was high.Special mention must be made of staff member "Ollie" whose initial friendly contact made us want to stay here.Whilst "Christy" and "Ollie" are singled out for special mention,quite frankly, all of the staff here were highly professional,pleasant and very friendly. The atmosphere and surroundings made for a very relaxing and enjoyable time.We thought that for Henly-On-Thames, the price of drinks and food were reasonable.All in all we had a memorable and thoroughly enjoyable evening thanks to the high standard of customer service and good quality beverages and food.Highly recommended for a good time. Next time we are in Henly we will certainly be returning to enjoy everything this charming place has to offer.Our thanks to all the staff for their hard work and dedication.

1  Thank Harry P
Reviewed 3 June 2014

A bit quirky and different.
The home brewed Jail House ale was lovely but I was not so keen on the Temple Island brew.
The food menu was a bit up market, and not a great deal of selection, for pub grub but was different. The food itself was very enjoyable.
Staff friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Roger T
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Cool place, laid back attitude - too laid back? Quite retro in the décor and music. Nice choice at the bar. The sort place I'd like to spend more time in I think.