This was the third Hotel Du Vin I had stayed in having had enjoyable stays at York and Bristol. This hotel was adequate but did not live up to expectation . We stayed in a superior room (Graham Beck)The pluses and minuses were as follows:
1. The public rooms were relaxed and comfortable
2. Whilst most of the staff lacked warmth, the notable exception was the restaurant manager - she was extremely helpful and personable.
3. The breakfast was excellent - the dinners were a little mixed - some good and some bland dishes.
4. Bathroom was pretty good, although it was in the eaves and not ideal for the tall! The shower was tepid, but this was fixed when we complained
1. We were on DBB package and my companion is a vegetarian. No veg main courses on our menu for the first night. The waiter checked with the kitchen and we were told that the chef could rustle up pasta and tomato sauce - not what you would expect from HDV. Better menu on second night.
2. Issues with the bill in the restaurant both nights. Strange that on DBB package you have to sign for a charge for the meal of £19.90, but were told this would be adjusted in the final bill. I made a fuss the first night and only signed for the items that would appear on my final bill.
3. The room was disappointing. Have stayed in equivalent rooms at two other HDV and this was by far the poorest.
4. No info pack in the room in spite of a notice on the wall by the bed referring to it. Had to ask about wifi. It was free, but worked so poorly that we didn't bother in the end
5. I was sent an email a couple of days before the visit offering an upgrade of room. I replied positively. This was the last I heard and were. It given an upgrade on arrival. It would be better if this was resolved before checking in so that you know what room to expect. I was disappointed that my expectation had been raised without it being followed through.
6. The bed and the pillows were not up to the usual extremely comfortable HDV standard
My conclusion is that this was an ok stay, but I do expect something special from HDV, which unfortunately this did not deliver.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel du Vin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Du Vin Hotel
- Du Vin Henley On Thames