- Very friendly and helpful host. When he found out my wife was gluten intolerant he went out and got gluten-free bread for her toast.
- Location is in town and walking distance to the town center and river
- The building has character - not like a large chain. This comes with quirks as well.
- Pub downstairs for food or cards.
- Great breakfast
- Reasonably priced
- Clean room
- It is on a busy street, so if you have a street side room you will get traffic noise.
- Parking is on street and paid for by the host. We were able to find spots near the hotel, but this is not guaranteed.
- Regarding the loud pub complaint, I sleep with earplugs so I had no problems. My wife heard some talking and light music the first night but it was not a big problem.
- The building is hundreds of years old, so don't expect luxury accommodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Craig & Rebecca Mee, welcome you all to the Rose and Crown in Henley on Thames. We offer our guests a safe haven to relax, enjoy a drink and a home-cooked and hearty meal, before taking a rest for the night. We have three excellent en-suite double rooms, with DVD player/ipod dock and WiFi available. A full English breakfast is included. All our rooms are beautifully decorated and very cosy. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rose & Crown Hotel Henley-On-Thames
- Rose And Crown Inn