“Disappointing.”
Review of Kubu Spa

Kubu Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: KuBu is a brand new city spa offering unique and authentic relaxation and beauty "rituals" based on Balinese traditions. Located in Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, KuBu is discreet yet luxurious, just as a world-class spa should be. In addition to their exquisite spa rituals, KuBu also provides specialised Yoga classes to complete the wellness experience. KuBu is certainly the place to forget the stresses of the city and truly relax, unwind and rejuvenate.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Kubu used to be LOVELY! Now it is just, well, average. Unlike the previous incarnation, nothing now distinguishes it from any other hotel-style spa in the country and in fact it feels a bit Essexy, and that it is trying far too hard.

I'd been given a voucher for a pedicure after the birth of my baby and I was so looking forward to returning to Kubu after a long break. I hadn't been back since the refurb and change of style. No one bothered to take my coat, and when i asked where to put it, I was directed to put it on the neighbouring treatment chair. The therapist could barely string a sentence together (and no, she wasn't foreign) and didn't even ask how I was. Complete lack of human connection and interaction.

The pedicure itself was also disappointing. It was lacklustre and incomplete in my opinion. The one I had done in the Nails and Brows studio in Greys Road car park was much better.

Sad, really, especially as my husband has bought me two vouchers to use there for Christmas!! I'll be interested to see if it was just an off day!!! However bearing in mind the cost, they shouldn't have off days!!

6 Thank antoniavdv

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Always a great experience”
Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

We are lucky enough to have Kubu pretty much on the doorstep and it is always a pleasure from walking in and the friendly staff, to the relaxation suite ( which some larger hotel spas could learn from), to the superb treatments. Hot stone massages and visible brilliance facials are especially relaxing - even a 13 year old boy thought I looked "fresh" afterwards! Highly recommended!

Henley on Thames
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Treatments - fantastic. Customer service - terrible!”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Their focus on customer satisfaction was very poor outside of the treatment room. Used to love and activley recommend Kubu before current owners took over - now will not go there. Ever.

Visited May 2012
7 Thank AMJ_7
“My wife loved every minute.”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My wife is having our first child and she was finding it hard to sleep. So I took the day off and took her to Henley for the day.

I booked us into Kubu spa for a beauty treatment. As soon as she walked in she started to relax.

We had the best time and now she sleep a lot better now and she has asked to go back after the baby is born.

Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic spa, very relaxing, would recommend and will go again”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My friend recommended the spa a while ago, so when I spotted one of the fab deals on offer I decided to go after work one day. Lovely place, clean, lovely staff, with a great facial and a nice massage on top. Really enjoyed it and felt fantastically relaxed after.