“Nice oldie worldie pub/restaurant. Great service, wine and traditional pub food”
Review of Cherry Tree Inn

Cherry Tree Inn
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, European
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Idyllically nestled in the Chiltern Hills amongst some of the most beautiful beech woods in England, sits this most pretty and picturesque English country pub with rooms. The Cherry Tree Inn is a 500 year old brick and flint building that was formerly 3 cottages. Now, a thriving, bustling quintessential English country pub and inn, it has had a huge lease of life since its new owners gave it a makeover in February 2012. Whilst keeping its gorgeous traditional interior, with original flagstone floors, heavy beams and low ceilings, they have also brought it right up to the 20th century with innovative design, interiors, colours and overall excellent service. The rooms are set in a lovely barn conversion next to the pub and with its four ensuite AA 4* letting rooms with king size beds and clean, crisp linens, it's perfect for both private or corporate needs. Breakfasts are hearty and guests are assured of a peaceful nights sleep in beautiful surroundings. The food is right up there with some of the best in the area. Modern British classics, meets some favourite European treats and all food is cooked fresh, to order and using only the freshest, where possible local ingredients from both local suppliers and some of the many estates producing some outstanding meats. The wine list is pretty healthy too, with Bury Brothers & Rudd supplying a lot of their wines. Likewise, they have a great selection of champagnes, the beer is very well kept with mainly the local Brakspears on tap and a good selection bottled beers, spirits and liqueurs. Just 6 miles west of glorious Henley on Thames and surrounded by some of the best walking, cycling and riding territory you'll find, it's firmly on the 'Destination Pub' radar, as well as being loved and supported by the local area.
Wallingford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Title says it all. It's an oldie world place. The food is traditional pub fayre, done really well. The service was good, friendly too, and that was everyone who we spoke to.

We went during winter, but there's a big garden to enjoy and a decent size car park.

It get's busy, so it's wise to call first.

• Visited February 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Great pub and baby friendly”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Great restaurant with super friendly staff, great food and lovely atmosphere. Went with a four week old baby and the staff was very accommodating so have been back several times since with different visitors and everyone always enjoys it. Would love to sit outside in the summer - lovely spot.

Visited July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely cosy inn”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Really lovely and cosy with some lovely food and wine to choose from. Nice warm atmosphere and a lovely setting.

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“It's good - but could/should be better”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We've eaten at The Cherry Tree Inn on four occasions. The first time about 6 months ago we could not fault a thing, the service was great as was the ambience, the menu varied and fresh, the food innovative and excellent and the prices reasonable.

We have since returned on 3 occasions taking friends and family there so that they could share the experience. Unfortunately it hasn't lived up to the first experience, it's just good now not great.

Service needs to be more attentive, on the first occasion a cold bottle of tap water was placed on the table, nice touch we thought. it hasn't happened since. We had empty glasses for half of the evening, yes - we could've ordered more, but when in a restaurant it's nice to be offered as any good waiter or waitress should be one step ahead.

The menu was appealing, The starter 6 out of 10 and for main I chose the steak, it was a 5 out of 10.

No offer for a pudding so we didn't have one.

Overall - The Cherry Tree Inn, you're missing a trick, lovely ambience /decor etc etc, but you could've made another £20 from us....just form upping the service with little touches that cost nothing but generate £'sss and repeat custom.

Not sure we'll be back anytime soon...

• Visited November 2013
Bridgend
“Attitude before I even arrived.”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Due to a web booking mistake I did not stay here so I cannot revue the hotel itself, however if it is anything like the attitude from the reception staff I received trying resolve my problem I would avoid. I called to let them know that it appeared the web booking had a mistake in it and was was booked for the previous night. So my staff had already passed, I was hoping that it could be made for tonight at no extra cost due to the mistake. I was told very abruptly that no it couldn't and that "I didn't take your money".. Needless to say the phone call didn't last much longer and I lost my money. I can't use the words I would like to describe the service I received over the phone.

Visited November 2013